I see a reference to

"Advanced Playback Settings ->
Enable new timestamp based playback speed (AVSync2)"

in the Wiki, but although there is an Advanced Playback Setting Menu,
there is no AVSync2 reference.

I've also tried changing  the Firesticks own AudioSync setting, but it
doesn't seem to affect the mythfrontend sync.

Any suggestions?

Re: Mythfrontend Audio Sync on Firestick? [ In reply to ]
On 10/28/23 18:33, Ken Mandelberg wrote:
> I'm trying to use Mythfrontend on a firestick 4K (gen1). The video is
> fine by itself but I can't get it to sync with the audio. To get it
> match the lips of the actors I have to set the Mythfrontend audiosync
> menu to at least -200, at which point the sound gets choppy. (By the
> way does that mean the sound is ahead or behind).
>
> I see a reference to
>
> "Advanced Playback Settings ->
> Enable new timestamp based playback speed (AVSync2)"
>
> in the Wiki, but although there is an Advanced Playback Setting Menu,
> there is no AVSync2 reference.
>
> I've also tried changing  the Firesticks own AudioSync setting, but it
> doesn't seem to affect the mythfrontend sync.
>
> Any suggestions?

To get rid of the choppy audio, In mythfrontend on the Android:

Setup -> Video -> Playback -> Playback Settings -> Advanced Playback
Settings -> Audio Read Ahead

Increase the Audio Read Ahead until the problem stops. This will
increase the memory usage so don't go too high with it.

AVSync2 has been made the default and was removed from the settings.

Peter