I was building the Debian 12 packages for Mythtv per the wiki (
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Installing_MythTV_on_Debian) and noticed this
warning:

dh_install: warning: Please use dh_missing --list-missing/--fail-missing
instead
dh_install: warning: This feature will be removed in compat 12.

Everything was built fine. Not sure how critical that is.

JIm A
Re: Warning about feature being removed? [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 10 Oct 2023 at 12:52, James Abernathy <jfabernathy@gmail.com> wrote:

> I was building the Debian 12 packages for Mythtv per the wiki (https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Installing_MythTV_on_Debian) and noticed this warning:
>
> dh_install: warning: Please use dh_missing --list-missing/--fail-missing instead
> dh_install: warning: This feature will be removed in compat 12.
>
> Everything was built fine. Not sure how critical that is.

This is a Debian packaging warning, not a MythTV one.

The Debian packaging scripts would need updating when the dh
(debhelper) compatibility level is bumped. Lintian would pick this up
when building.

The current dh compat level in upstream Debian is 13.

Cheers,
Nick
Re: Warning about feature being removed? [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Oct 10, 2023 at 10:09?AM Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, 10 Oct 2023 at 12:52, James Abernathy <jfabernathy@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > I was building the Debian 12 packages for Mythtv per the wiki (
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Installing_MythTV_on_Debian) and noticed this
> warning:
> >
> > dh_install: warning: Please use dh_missing --list-missing/--fail-missing
> instead
> > dh_install: warning: This feature will be removed in compat 12.
> >
> > Everything was built fine. Not sure how critical that is.
>
> This is a Debian packaging warning, not a MythTV one.
>
> The Debian packaging scripts would need updating when the dh
> (debhelper) compatibility level is bumped. Lintian would pick this up
> when building.
>
> The current dh compat level in upstream Debian is 13.
>
> Cheers,
> Nick

Thanks for the education.

Jim A