The app starts up but won't connect to the database,

Any suggestions?

Bob
Re: MythTV on a Fire TV box [ In reply to ]
> On Sep 13, 2023, at 9:14 AM, Bob Wiegand <wiegandbob@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I just got a Fire TV box and want ti use it for MythTV.
>
> I was able to get Kody and Leanfront to work but haven't been able to get the MythTV app to work.
>
> The app starts up but won't connect to the database,
>
> Any suggestions?

Have you used a remote mythtv frontend before? If not, you might need to update mysql/mariadb configuration to allow remote connections.

Just a thought.

Regards

Re: MythTV on a Fire TV box [ In reply to ]
> On Sep 13, 2023, at 9:14 AM, Bob Wiegand <wiegandbob@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I just got a Fire TV box and want ti use it for MythTV.
>
> I was able to get Kody and Leanfront to work but haven't been able to get the MythTV app to work.
>
> The app starts up but won't connect to the database,
>
> Any suggestions?

Updated info: Have you used a remote mythtv frontend before? If not, you might need to update mysql/mariadb configuration to allow remote connections.

Make sure you are using the right version mythfrontend version for your backend version. They need to match.

Just a thought.

Regards

Re: MythTV on a Fire TV box [ In reply to ]
I have multiple remote frontends, but all are PCs running Linux.

I believe I used the correct version.
The backend reports:
MythTV Version : v32.0+fixes.20220325.f69ce764b7-0ubuntu1
The android file I used:
mythfrontend-20220815-arm-v32.0-60-ge5c974e402.apk

Bob