Mailing List Archive

mythtv m3u file format?
Hi,

I'm trying to set up a tuner for some internet Radio stations, but cannot get the format of the M3U file correct, can anyone help with a sample of a working m3u file that I can modify for my own purposes. I'm running mythic v34.

Thanks in advance,

Dave.
Re: mythtv m3u file format? [ In reply to ]
Resending to mythtv-users...

On 15/08/2023 13:58, Lists wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I'm trying to set up a tuner for some internet Radio stations, but
> cannot get the format of the M3U file correct, can anyone help with a
> sample of a working m3u file that I can modify for my own purposes. I'm
> running mythic v34.
>

> Thanks in advance,
>
> Dave.

I don't know if this will help, but 'Listen to radio streams' shows URLs
like

http://stream.live.vc.bbcmedia.co.uk/bbc_world_service

and

http://timesradio.wireless.radio/stream

which were obtained via the 'add stream' function. If you don't already
have the stream list loaded, getting it takes 'forever', ie getting on
for an hour of 'please wait'.

Most of the other bbc radio streams have closed.

Here's a sample of backend output on watching an iptv channel, which
does talk about m3u. This channel usually has something running...

2023-08-15 16:16:03.077902 I TVRec[13]: TuningNewRecorder -
CreateRecorder()
2023-08-15 16:16:03.077936 W RecBase[13]():
SetOption(mrl,https://iptv-org.github.io/iptv/countries/uk.m3u): Option
not recognized
2023-08-15 16:16:03.077948 E
RecBase[13](https://iptv-org.github.io/iptv/countries/uk.m3u):
SetStrOption(...recordingtype): Option not in profile.
2023-08-15 16:16:03.135474 I
HLSSH[13](https://fashiontv-fashiontv-1-eu.rakuten.wurl.tv/playlist.m3u8(0)):
run() -- begin

HTH