Mailing List Archive

Web app setup testing
It's been a while since I did a complete install and build using the Web
App for setup.

So this morning I created a new VM with Debian 12 Gnome. I installed the
complete mythtv v34 package that gets built on another VM everytime the
Ubuntu packages change.

Before I used Web App, I used the backend helper script from the old
pi-utils from https://github.com/MikeB2013/pi-utils. My only change to that
was the mythtv version to master and the php to 8,2 which are variables up
front.

Once that was completed, I opened up the Web App and it immediately found
that everything was cool with the backend and I moved on setting up the
rest of the options. I set up 4 HDHR tuners since I have a HDHR Quatro.
When I got to the Video source I switched over to a terminal and as user
mythtv, I set up the Multi national json sqlite grabber per the wiki and
went back to the Web app and set up the rest of the stuff. I used the Scan
that loads the HDHR favorites since it's faster than a full scan. Next I
set up the Storage directories that the mythtv backend helper script
created.

After that I clicked on Restart the backend in the web app and it started
everything correctly. I did go back to the terminal and run
mythfilldatabase as user mythtv to populate the EPG.

One thing that would make setup much easier is to fix the
mariadb.conf.d/mythtv.cnf file with the bind-address=* so remote
mythtfrontends work. Not an issue if using a Firetv and Leanfront, which I
do but I have to test mythfrontend for completeness.

BTW, mythweb doesn't work anymore on Debian. I have not pursued it any
further since it is much easier to use the Web App for everything that
mythtv-setup and mythweb used to do.

Thanks for all the great work on this new app.

JIm A
Re: Web app setup testing [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Aug 1, 2023 at 11:15?AM James Abernathy <jfabernathy@gmail.com>
wrote:

> It's been a while since I did a complete install and build using the Web
> App for setup.
>
> So this morning I created a new VM with Debian 12 Gnome. I installed the
> complete mythtv v34 package that gets built on another VM everytime the
> Ubuntu packages change.
>
> Before I used Web App, I used the backend helper script from the old
> pi-utils from https://github.com/MikeB2013/pi-utils. My only change to
> that was the mythtv version to master and the php to 8,2 which are
> variables up front.
>
> Once that was completed, I opened up the Web App and it immediately found
> that everything was cool with the backend and I moved on setting up the
> rest of the options. I set up 4 HDHR tuners since I have a HDHR Quatro.
> When I got to the Video source I switched over to a terminal and as user
> mythtv, I set up the Multi national json sqlite grabber per the wiki and
> went back to the Web app and set up the rest of the stuff. I used the Scan
> that loads the HDHR favorites since it's faster than a full scan. Next I
> set up the Storage directories that the mythtv backend helper script
> created.
>
> After that I clicked on Restart the backend in the web app and it started
> everything correctly. I did go back to the terminal and run
> mythfilldatabase as user mythtv to populate the EPG.
>
> One thing that would make setup much easier is to fix the
> mariadb.conf.d/mythtv.cnf file with the bind-address=* so remote
> mythtfrontends work. Not an issue if using a Firetv and Leanfront, which I
> do but I have to test mythfrontend for completeness.
>
> BTW, mythweb doesn't work anymore on Debian. I have not pursued it any
> further since it is much easier to use the Web App for everything that
> mythtv-setup and mythweb used to do.
>
> Thanks for all the great work on this new app.
>
> JIm A

Well, I stand corrected. Mythweb sort of works if you remember to sudo apt
install mythweb. However the Backup Status doesn't work.

The one thing that Mythweb does have that I miss in the Web App is on the
Backend status page you see the state of the EPG

Last mythfilldatabase run started on Tue Aug 1 2023, 5:10 AM and ended on
Tue Aug 1 2023, 5:10 AM. Successful.
There's guide data until 2023-08-19 02:00:00 (18 days).

Could that be added to the Web App??

JIm A
Re: Web app setup testing [ In reply to ]
On 8/1/23 11:39, James Abernathy wrote:
> Well, I stand corrected. Mythweb sort of works if you remember to sudo
> apt install mythweb.  However the Backup Status doesn't work.
>
> The one thing that Mythweb does have that I miss in the Web App is on
> the Backend status page you see the state of the EPG
>
> Last mythfilldatabase run started on Tue Aug 1 2023, 5:10 AM and ended
> on Tue Aug 1 2023, 5:10 AM. Successful.
> There's guide data until 2023-08-19 02:00:00 (18 days).
>
> Could that be added to the Web App??
>
> JIm A

I have added that plus other things that were missing from the status
page, plus formatted numbers better.

Peter