Mailing List Archive

Re: No video on playback or watching, TV after OS upgrade
All,

Thanks for all your efforts to help me especialy to 'Klaas de Waal' and
'faginbagin'.

Right now this is the only issue I have with this ubuntu upgrade. I
cannot watch recordings or LiveIV on mythfrontend (no video only audio).
However, I can watch them using the thin clients ( 'mythavtest' for
LiveTV and 'mythffplay' for watching recordings). I can live with this
for the time being and sort out other issues if there are any with this
upgrade before upgrading to Ubuntu 18.04 and eventually to 20.04 and
22.04. As you can see I am a little conservative in my approach.
Hopefully I will sort out all my problems with mythfrontend and
bluetooth headphones on the way.

One more interesting piece of information is that with VDPAU and OpenGL
profiles which don't work for the above two thin clients, mythfrontend
just displays 'closed captioning' when turned on.  But with xv profiles,
it displays a blank screen saying 'Please Wait'.

Thanks Again