Mailing List Archive

Re: Fwd: Re: No video on playback or watching, TV after OS upgrade
Hello,

Thanks for your suggestions,,,

> Message: 1
> Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2023 18:21:32 -0400
> From: faginbagin <helen.buus@gmail.com>
> To: mythtv-users@mythtv.org
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Fwd: Re: No video on playback or watching
> TV after OS upgrade
>
> Yes, I think you've got old playback profiles from your previous mythtv
> installation. Briefly, I think you need to delete all of your playback
> profiles, exit setup, go back into setup and the new profiles should be
> recreated. To delete a profile, go to Setup -> Video -> Playback ->
> Current Video Playback Profile, then right arrow brings you to a page
> where you can mark the profile for deletion. Rinse and repeat.

I go to Setup->Video->Playback and then to the third (3/8) screen which
has 'Current Video Playback Profile' I do not see a 'right arrow' but a
button saying 'Delete' and another saying 'Add New'

I click the button to delete all the profiles one by one one. Then I
keep going to next few screens till I get to the 8th which has 'Finish'.
I click on it and I am back to the 'Video' menu.

Then I escape out of it and all the way tillĀ  exiting MythTVFrontend.
When I go back to Setup Menu, these profiles are back there again. What
am I doing wrong?

Even getting back into Setup ->Video->Playback without quitting the
front end, I see the old profiles still there. What gives?

Re: Fwd: Re: No video on playback or watching, TV after OS upgrade [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 21 Jun 2023 at 22:38, R Kannan <rk111810@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> > recordings and Setup to get it just right.
> >
> > * I have created an OpenGL Slimmer profile for use with my "ATI Radeon
> > HD 4200" IGP., because the other OpenGL profiles weren't "slim enough"
> > for this IGP with 1080i content. The custom profile that works with for
> > me has:
> >
> > Width Range: (blank)
> > Height Range: (blank)
> > Video formats: All formats
> > Frame Rate Range: (blank)
> > Decoder: standard
> > Max CPUs: 3 (this computer has a quad core Athlon II)
> > Deblocking filter: checked
> > Video Renderer: OpenGL
> > Video scaler: Default (bilinear)
> > Deinterlacer quality (single rate): Low quality
> > Prefer OpenGL interlacers: unchecked
> > Prefer driver interlacers: unchecked
> > Deinterlacer quality (double rate): None (this disables the following

- in mythfrontend configure "Current video playback profile" to "Normal"
- start mythfrontend with verbose debug: "v playback:debug"
- capture the output of a complete mythfrontend run, e.g. like this:
$ mythfrontend -v playback:debug 2>&1 | tee mf-20230621-2323.log
and then post the file mf-20230621-2323.log somewhere so that it can be
downloaded.
Then the same with mythavtest:
$ mythtavtest -v playback:debug some_recording 2>&1 | tee
ma-20230621-2323.log
and post this also.
Maybe we can get an idea of what is going wrong.

Kind regards,
Klaas.