I *think* from looking at the logs - upon resume xorg and the TV
renegotiate and set a 4K resolution rather than the previous 1080p.

Modern X doesn't seem to have much in the way of an xorg.conf - so Im
planning on generating one, have a single set resolution and not allow any
others.

Would welcome any advice , especially if I'm wasting my time going down
this route.

Adam
Re: LG 4K TV - Sleep / Display Issues [ In reply to ]
> On Jun 19, 2023, at 9:22 AM, Adam Skinner <kingmoffa@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> Sorry this isn't strictly a mythtv problem so feel free to tell me to go away.
>
> In a nutshell, I've got a new LG Oled 4K TV. When my Frontend goes to sleep due to inactivity, there seems to be some issues with the new TV and Xorg upon resume. I get a blank screen.
>
> My humble NUC cannot really run anything at 4K , so I've still using 1080p set using XFCE4 control centre not xorg.conf
>
> I *think* from looking at the logs - upon resume xorg and the TV renegotiate and set a 4K resolution rather than the previous 1080p.
>
> Modern X doesn't seem to have much in the way of an xorg.conf - so Im planning on generating one, have a single set resolution and not allow any others.
>
> Would welcome any advice , especially if I'm wasting my time going down this route.

My solution was to not let the mythfrontend sleep the display. When I am finished watching what I am watching, I turn off the television and amp, and let the front end run 24/7. Since the front end is a mini pc with an N5095 processor, the power drain with it on all the time is nothing in the big picture compared to what my AC system and other items use. I also turned off all the CEC stuff on the TV as well as in mythtv as I found that would also get in the way.

When the tv comes back on, there is no issues that I have seen with the screen shifting around or losing sync.

Regards
Re: LG 4K TV - Sleep / Display Issues [ In reply to ]
I had this combo (NUC+OLED), but I am not sure if I had this issue.
However, I do notice that I have srandrd installed that is running
daemon mode looking for display connect/active event.  It will then call
my shell script to set correct resolution). This is what I did.

1. Build srandrd from source. May be it is available in binary form,
but building is quite easy, I think.
2. Create a shell script that sets X resolution using xrandr (eg:
xrandr -display <your display> --output <your-hdmi> --mode 1920x1080
--rate 60)
3. Start srandrd (basically fix mythrv-frontend script to fire srandrd
in daemon mode, if not started already) with your shell script as
action for "display connected/active" (ie., use this check in your
shell script if ($?SRANDRD_ACTION) then....))

I am sure there are other (and possibly better) solutions, but this is
what I have and it works for me.

Regards
Ramesh