However I found that if you just install Ubuntu Server the sleep is enabled
by default. Who knew you'd want a server to sleep with no console
connected?!? My mythtv backend kept locking up and I could not ssh into it
to fix it.

With the help of DuckDuckGo I found this to fix it.

sudo systemctl mask sleep.target suspend.target hibernate.target
hybrid-sleep.target

Jim A
Re: Ubuntu server as Mythtv-backend will sleep if you don't watch out. [ In reply to ]
Good to know, although oddly mine never did this. Although I upgraded
14->16->18->22 so maybe it's a fresh install that does that.
--
Justin B. Alcorn
The views expressed are not necessarily my own, much less anyone else's

Re: Ubuntu server as Mythtv-backend will sleep if you don't watch out. [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Jun 13, 2023 at 11:11?AM James Abernathy <jfabernathy@gmail.com> wrote:

> I guess I'm the last person to find this out......

The changes were in response to energy
certifications in various regulatory domains,
and were implemented by various distros
in various ways (some do not apply to
servers, some do, some were applied
only to new installs, some applied to
(some) upgrades, etc.)

For some use cases you can add a
conf file to /etc/systemd/sleep.conf.d
to override suspend.
Re: Ubuntu server as Mythtv-backend will sleep if you don't watch out. [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Jun 13, 2023, 4:59 PM Gary Buhrmaster <gary.buhrmaster@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 13, 2023 at 11:11?AM James Abernathy <jfabernathy@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > I guess I'm the last person to find this out......
> >

> The changes were in response to energy
> certifications in various regulatory domains,
> and were implemented by various distros
> in various ways (some do not apply to
> servers, some do, some were applied
> only to new installs, some applied to
> (some) upgrades, etc.)
>
> For some use cases you can add a
> conf file to /etc/systemd/sleep.conf.d
> to override suspend.

My solution was to delete Ubuntu server and install Debian 12 server. No
sleeping and no snapd.

Jim A