Mailing List Archive

ansible gods
The last time I refered to the ansible gods I offended someone, so to those sitting atop the mount, sipping pena-colada: once upon a time using ansible with openSuSE was a heartache with endless cut-n-paste, it now just works. Thanks very much.
James
Re: ansible gods [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Jun 11, 2023 at 9:59?AM James <jam@tigger.ws> wrote:

> The last time I refered to the ansible gods I offended someone, so to those sitting atop the mount, sipping pena-colada: once upon a time using ansible with openSuSE was a heartache with endless cut-n-paste, it now just works. Thanks very much.

From time to time the playbooks were historically
updated and checked for ability to run across many
distros, but sometimes as the distro's evolve
things end up breaking, and until someone says
something, or opens an issue (or better yet, a PR)
on the repo, no one may notice breakage due to
distro changes. Github can run regular testing
to catch such things, but will stop running background
workflows if the repo does not change for an
extended period, which is common with the
ansible repo (so the automation does not help).

Note that suse's move to alp as an immutable OS
running containers things such as build and install
may need to change significantly, so if you have
plans to move to alp you might want to start your
testing sooner rather than later.