number.
Can someone from the devs please have a look? That would be great!

Ciao Jan

Re: Monochrome theme not available from theme chooser anymore [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 29 Mar 2023 at 21:35, Jan Hambrecht <jaham@gmx.net> wrote:

> I got a hint from a user of my theme that it is not available from the
> theme
> chooser anymore. I just tested it on my own and can reproduce the issue.
> At first I thought that not having a fixes/33 branch for the theme was the
> cause. But I already created one yesterday and also increased the version
> number.
> Can someone from the devs please have a look? That would be great!

I don't really know how the theme downloading stuff works but I can find a
"Monochrome 6.0" in the Setup/Theme Chooser page of master frontend and
also in the fixes/33 frontend.

Klaas.
Re: Monochrome theme not available from theme chooser anymore [ In reply to ]
On 29/03/2023 22:56, Klaas de Waal wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Mar 2023 at 21:35, Jan Hambrecht <jaham@gmx.net> wrote:
>
> I got a hint from a user of my theme that it is not available from
> the theme
> chooser anymore. I just tested it on my own and can reproduce the
> issue.
> At first I thought that not having a fixes/33 branch for the theme
> was the
> cause. But I already created one yesterday and also increased the
> version
> number.
> Can someone from the devs please have a look? That would be great!
>

> I don't really know how the theme downloading stuff works but  I can
> find a "Monochrome 6.0" in the Setup/Theme Chooser page of master
> frontend and also in the fixes/33 frontend.
>
> Klaas.

I think David or Stuart made all the themes available for master but
only selected ones known to work are available for the fixes branches.

There are various themes.zip files which say what themes are available
for a particular MythTV version. For fixes/33 it is this :-

http://themes.mythtv.org/themes/repository/33/themes.zip

Replace the 33 with the fixes branch you are interested in.

Master due to legacy stuff I wont bore you with is slightly different.
They are available here :-

http://themes.mythtv.org/themes/repository/trunk/themes.zip

If you want a themes added for a fixes branch. First create a branch in
your git repo for the theme. Then try to get either David H. or Stuart
A. to add it to the update theme update script.

Paul H.
Re: Monochrome theme not available from theme chooser anymore [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 2023-03-29 at 23:37 +0100, Paul Harrison wrote:
> On 29/03/2023 22:56, Klaas de Waal wrote:
>

> > On Wed, 29 Mar 2023 at 21:35, Jan Hambrecht <jaham@gmx.net> wrote:
> >
> > > I got a hint from a user of my theme that it is not available
> > > from the theme
> > >  chooser anymore. I just tested it on my own and can reproduce
> > > the issue.
> > >  At first I thought that not having a fixes/33 branch for the
> > > theme was the
> > >  cause. But I already created one yesterday and also increased
> > > the version
> > >  number.
> > >  Can someone from the devs please have a look? That would be
> > > great!
> > >

> > I don't really know how the theme downloading stuff works but  I
> > can find a "Monochrome 6.0" in the Setup/Theme Chooser page of
> > master frontend and also in the fixes/33 frontend.
> >
> > Klaas.
> >

> I think David or Stuart made all the themes available for master but
> only selected ones known to work are available for the fixes
> branches.
>
> There are various themes.zip files which say what themes are
> available for a particular MythTV version. For fixes/33 it is this :-
> http://themes.mythtv.org/themes/repository/33/themes.zip
>
> Replace the 33 with the fixes branch you are interested in.
>
> Master due to legacy stuff I wont bore you with is slightly
> different. They are available here :-
> http://themes.mythtv.org/themes/repository/trunk/themes.zip
>
> If you want a themes added for a fixes branch. First create a branch
> in your git repo for the theme. Then try to get either David H. or
> Stuart A. to add it to the update theme update script.

I added Monochrome to the themes list for v32 and v33. You need to
create branches on your repo named fixes/32 and fixes/33, and then the
theme publishing script should pick them up within six (I think) hours.

David

Re: Monochrome theme not available from theme chooser anymore [ In reply to ]
On 30/03/2023 20:19, David Hampton via mythtv-users wrote:

> On Wed, 2023-03-29 at 23:37 +0100, Paul Harrison wrote:

>>> I don't really know how the theme downloading stuff works but  I
>>> can find a "Monochrome 6.0" in the Setup/Theme Chooser page of
>>> master frontend and also in the fixes/33 frontend.
>>>
>>> Klaas.
>>>
>> I think David or Stuart made all the themes available for master but
>> only selected ones known to work are available for the fixes
>> branches.
>>
>> There are various themes.zip files which say what themes are
>> available for a particular MythTV version. For fixes/33 it is this :-
>> http://themes.mythtv.org/themes/repository/33/themes.zip
>>
>> Replace the 33 with the fixes branch you are interested in.
>>
>> Master due to legacy stuff I wont bore you with is slightly
>> different. They are available here :-
>> http://themes.mythtv.org/themes/repository/trunk/themes.zip
>>
>> If you want a themes added for a fixes branch. First create a branch
>> in your git repo for the theme. Then try to get either David H. or
>> Stuart A. to add it to the update theme update script.
> I added Monochrome to the themes list for v32 and v33. You need to
> create branches on your repo named fixes/32 and fixes/33, and then the
> theme publishing script should pick them up within six (I think) hours.
>
> David

OK thanks David.

The theme update script runs at 4am and 4pm UTC unless it has been changed.

Paul H.

Re: Monochrome theme not available from theme chooser anymore [ In reply to ]

OK. Within twelve hours. :-)

David

Re: Monochrome theme not available from theme chooser anymore [ In reply to ]
Am Donnerstag, 30. M?rz 2023, 21:19:16 CEST schrieb David Hampton via mythtv-
users:
> On Wed, 2023-03-29 at 23:37 +0100, Paul Harrison wrote:

> > > I don't really know how the theme downloading stuff works but I
> > > can find a "Monochrome 6.0" in the Setup/Theme Chooser page of
> > > master frontend and also in the fixes/33 frontend.
> > >
> > > Klaas.
> >
> > I think David or Stuart made all the themes available for master but
> > only selected ones known to work are available for the fixes
> > branches.
> >
> > There are various themes.zip files which say what themes are
> > available for a particular MythTV version. For fixes/33 it is this :-
> > http://themes.mythtv.org/themes/repository/33/themes.zip
> >
> > Replace the 33 with the fixes branch you are interested in.
> >
> > Master due to legacy stuff I wont bore you with is slightly
> > different. They are available here :-
> > http://themes.mythtv.org/themes/repository/trunk/themes.zip
> >
> > If you want a themes added for a fixes branch. First create a branch
> > in your git repo for the theme. Then try to get either David H. or
> > Stuart A. to add it to the update theme update script.
>
> I added Monochrome to the themes list for v32 and v33. You need to
> create branches on your repo named fixes/32 and fixes/33, and then the
> theme publishing script should pick them up within six (I think) hours.
>
> David

Thanks a lot. The fixes/32 already exists since a year. The fixes/33 branch I
created 4 dsys ago. So should be good to be picked up. Is there anything else
I need to keep in mind to avoid being de-listed from the theme chooser?

Ciao Jan

Re: Monochrome theme not available from theme chooser anymore [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 2023-03-30 at 23:37 +0200, Jan Hambrecht wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 30. März 2023, 21:19:16 CEST schrieb David Hampton via
> mythtv-
> users:

> > > I think David or Stuart made all the themes available for master
> > > but
> > > only selected ones known to work are available for the fixes
> > > branches.
> > >
> > > There are various themes.zip files which say what themes are
> > > available for a particular MythTV version. For fixes/33 it is
> > > this :-
> > > http://themes.mythtv.org/themes/repository/33/themes.zip
> > >
> > > Replace the 33 with the fixes branch you are interested in.
> > >
> > > Master due to legacy stuff I wont bore you with is slightly
> > > different. They are available here :-
> > > http://themes.mythtv.org/themes/repository/trunk/themes.zip
> > >
> > > If you want a themes added for a fixes branch. First create a
> > > branch
> > > in your git repo for the theme. Then try to get either David H.
> > > or
> > > Stuart A. to add it to the update theme update script.
> >
> > I added Monochrome to the themes list for v32 and v33. You need to
> > create branches on your repo named fixes/32 and fixes/33, and then
> > the
> > theme publishing script should pick them up within six (I think)
> > hours.
> >
> > David
> >

> Thanks a lot. The fixes/32 already exists since a year. The fixes/33
> branch I
> created 4 dsys ago. So should be good to be picked up. Is there
> anything else
> I need to keep in mind to avoid being de-listed from the theme
> chooser?

I usually create the theme list for each release from the previous one,
so Monochrome should be included going forward. You'll just need to
create a new branch for each release.

David

Re: Monochrome theme not available from theme chooser anymore [ In reply to ]
On 31/03/2023 14:33, David Hampton via mythtv-users wrote:

> On Thu, 2023-03-30 at 23:37 +0200, Jan Hambrecht wrote:
>> Am Donnerstag, 30. März 2023, 21:19:16 CEST schrieb David Hampton via
>> mythtv-
>> users:

>>> I added Monochrome to the themes list for v32 and v33. You need to
>>> create branches on your repo named fixes/32 and fixes/33, and then
>>> the
>>> theme publishing script should pick them up within six (I think)
>>> hours.
>>>
>>> David
>>>
>> Thanks a lot. The fixes/32 already exists since a year. The fixes/33
>> branch I
>> created 4 dsys ago. So should be good to be picked up. Is there
>> anything else
>> I need to keep in mind to avoid being de-listed from the theme
>> chooser?
> I usually create the theme list for each release from the previous one,
> so Monochrome should be included going forward. You'll just need to
> create a new branch for each release.
>
> David

Since we have abandoned the 6 monthly release schedule to coincide with
Ubuntu releases future MythTV releases will likely be at least 2 years
apart to coincide with the Ubuntu LTS releases so going forward it will
be less of an hassle trying to keep everything in sync.

Paul H.

Re: Monochrome theme not available from theme chooser anymore [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 2023-03-31 at 16:53 +0100, Paul Harrison wrote:
> On 31/03/2023 14:33, David Hampton via mythtv-users wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 2023-03-30 at 23:37 +0200, Jan Hambrecht wrote:
> > > Am Donnerstag, 30. März 2023, 21:19:16 CEST schrieb David Hampton
> > > via
> > > mythtv-
> > > users:

> > > Thanks a lot. The fixes/32 already exists since a year. The
> > > fixes/33
> > > branch I
> > > created 4 dsys ago. So should be good to be picked up. Is there
> > > anything else
> > > I need to keep in mind to avoid being de-listed from the theme
> > > chooser?
> > I usually create the theme list for each release from the previous
> > one,
> > so Monochrome should be included going forward.  You'll just need
> > create a new branch for each release.
> >
> > David
>

> Since we have abandoned the 6 monthly release schedule to coincide
> with
> Ubuntu releases future MythTV releases will likely be at least 2
> years
> apart to coincide with the Ubuntu LTS releases so going forward it
> will
> be less of an hassle trying to keep everything in sync.

The last two releases were February 2022 and February 2023. I'm
assuming that there will be one in February 2024. (In fact, I just
blocked out a day on my calendar to do a release.) I'm open to doing
August releases as well.

David

Re: Monochrome theme not available from theme chooser anymore [ In reply to ]
Am Freitag, 31. M?rz 2023, 15:33:43 CEST schrieb David Hampton via mythtv-
users:

Thats great! Thanks for that!

Ciao Jan

Re: Monochrome theme not available from theme chooser anymore [ In reply to ]
On 31/03/2023 19:26, David Hampton via mythtv-users wrote:

> The last two releases were February 2022 and February 2023. I'm
> assuming that there will be one in February 2024. (In fact, I just
> blocked out a day on my calendar to do a release.) I'm open to doing
> August releases as well.
>
> David

I appreciate that :) I was quite happy with the 6 monthly release to
keep thing rolling along. The problem is putting a release together
requires cooperation from several devs to help with not on the git
versions and tags update stuff but there are various pages on the wiki
like the release notes and services api changes. There is the website to
update, the translations to update, the Ubuntu packaging scripts and the
PPA's to create and update. Also we have to have someone submit the
release for inclusion in the official Ubuntu release etc. There's
probably other stuff I'm forgetting right now. These all require several
devs to play their part unfortunately not everyone is happy with the 6
month releases. The argument seems to be we should only do a release
when there have been changes that are worth doing a release for which
was how we used to do things which I do understand. But because
development has slowed down that can mean 2 years or more between
releases which could tie in with the Ubuntu LTS releases.

Like I've said to the other devs I'm not going to push for the releases
anymore I'll just let things progress at there own pace. In any case it
doesn't really affect me since I have my own PPA with packages created
from my own fork :)

Paul H.