Mailing List Archive

are there any repo's for Fedora linuxes
Hi, I know this will not be a popular statement but I prefer the Fedora line of linuxes over Ubuntu.......that being said, I am currently using Ubuntu because of the PPA support for Myth.
My question is...are there any yum/dnf repo's for Myth that are well maintained? I would really like to switch but I am not interested in compiling my own.

thanks

Tony
Re: are there any repo's for Fedora linuxes [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Feb 16, 2023 at 4:57 PM Tony Guadagno <tonyg@guadagno.org> wrote:

> My question is…are there any yum/dnf repo’s for Myth that are well maintained? I would really like to switch but I am not interested in compiling my own.

The RPM Fusion 3rd party repository contains
MythTV rpms.

AFAIK those rpms are mostly kept up to date,
including the cherry-picked upstream fixes, but
last I knew it has not yet updated to v33.1 (on
the other hand, v33.1 was announced less than
a week ago, so the packager may not yet have
had time to deal with any build differences, or
wants to test it in their own environment before
unleashing it upon the community; if v33.1 is a
critical deciding factor you can open a
rpmfusion bugzilla asking the packager to
update).

Personally, I build my own rpms (using my own
packaging) so that I have the ability to package
(and run) the master branch.
Re: are there any repo's for Fedora linuxes [ In reply to ]
Gary, I will give rpm fusion a try, thanks

Tony