Mailing List Archive

make libs failure for Android frontend client
Hello,
I'm never been much of a programmer and whatever skills I had are badly out
of date. That said, I'm attempting to build the android client, following
the directions slavishly.

In the "make libs" step, I'm failing in the libbluray library:

mv -f src/libbluray/hdmv/.deps/libbluray_la-hdmv_vm.Tpo
> src/libbluray/hdmv/.deps/libbluray_la-hdmv_vm.Plo
> mv -f src/libbluray/decoders/.deps/libbluray_la-graphics_controller.Tpo
> src/libbluray/decoders/.deps/libbluray_la-graphics_controller.Plo
> mv -f contrib/libudfread/src/.deps/libbluray_la-udfread.Tpo
> contrib/libudfread/src/.deps/libbluray_la-udfread.Plo
> make[2]: Leaving directory
> '/home/sgreene/MythAndroid/packaging/android/libs/libbluray-1.1.2'
> make[1]: *** [Makefile:1032: all] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> '/home/sgreene/MythAndroid/packaging/android/libs/libbluray-1.1.2'
> ~/MythAndroid/packaging/android/libs ~/MythAndroid/packaging/android
> make: *** [Makefile:53: libs] Error 2

I'll freely admit I could have omitted an obvious step. Has anyone else
encountered this?

Steve

Steve Greene
(301) 842-8923
historicity.co
An independent archival professional specializing in still photography,
moving images and recorded sound.
Re: make libs failure for Android frontend client [ In reply to ]
On 2/10/23 13:13, Steve Greene wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm never been much of a programmer and whatever skills I had are
> badly out of date. That said, I'm attempting to build the android
> client, following the directions slavishly.
>
> In the "make libs" step, I'm failing in the libbluray library:
>
> mv -f src/libbluray/hdmv/.deps/libbluray_la-hdmv_vm.Tpo
> src/libbluray/hdmv/.deps/libbluray_la-hdmv_vm.Plo
> mv -f
> src/libbluray/decoders/.deps/libbluray_la-graphics_controller.Tpo
> src/libbluray/decoders/.deps/libbluray_la-graphics_controller.Plo
> mv -f contrib/libudfread/src/.deps/libbluray_la-udfread.Tpo
> contrib/libudfread/src/.deps/libbluray_la-udfread.Plo
> make[2]: Leaving directory
> '/home/sgreene/MythAndroid/packaging/android/libs/libbluray-1.1.2'
> make[1]: *** [Makefile:1032: all] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> '/home/sgreene/MythAndroid/packaging/android/libs/libbluray-1.1.2'
> ~/MythAndroid/packaging/android/libs ~/MythAndroid/packaging/android
> make: *** [Makefile:53: libs] Error 2
>

> I'll freely admit I could have omitted an obvious step. Has anyone
> else encountered this?
>
> Steve
>
> Steve Greene
> (301) 842-8923
> historicity.co <http://historicity.co>
> An independent archival professional specializing in still
> photography, moving images and recorded sound.

I built it successfully, so it is possible :)

Look in the log file

android/libs/libbluray-1.1.2/config.log

Hopefully there will be a more specific message

(look in libs64 instead of libs if you are doing a 64bit build).

Peter