anyone seen (and hopefuly fixed) something like this?

Thanks,
-Doug
Re: HiDPI display [ In reply to ]
On 1/7/23 11:06, Doug Larrick wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I have a laptop with a 4k display that I run at 200% (HiDPI mode),
> running GNOME on Wayland. Up-to-date Debian testing. This worked great
> with MythTV frontend until recently.
>
> What I see now is that mythfrontend makes a window (or fullscreen
> surface) that's 2x the display's size (in both dimensions), with the UI
> and video in the lower left quadrant.
> If I specify --geometry=1920x1080, the window fits on the screen, but
> again the UI and video occupy only the lower left quadrant.
>
> If I turn off HiDPI everything works properly -- but of course other
> apps are way too small to be usable.
>
> Unfortunately I don't know what component changed: MythTV (32-fixes),
> Qt5, and xwayland all got updated around the time this broke. Has
> anyone seen (and hopefuly fixed) something like this?
>
> Thanks,
> -Doug

This may be a driver problem. I am not running Wayland, but I tried
setting Window Scaling to 2x (Appearance-> settings) and mythfrontend
works fine (NVidia with 4K monitor).

You could alternatively adjust the resolution if it is too small by
setting a Custom DPI (Appearance-> Fonts). By setting this higher,
windows, fonts, etc. are shown larger, but mythfrontend would not be
affected.

Another option is changing resolution to 1920x1080. I would think this
would be the same as scaling 2x.

Re: HiDPI display [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Jan 7, 2023 at 11:06 AM Doug Larrick <doug@parkercat.org> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I have a laptop with a 4k display that I run at 200% (HiDPI mode),
> running GNOME on Wayland. Up-to-date Debian testing. This worked great
> with MythTV frontend until recently.
>
> What I see now is that mythfrontend makes a window (or fullscreen
> surface) that's 2x the display's size (in both dimensions), with the UI
> and video in the lower left quadrant.
> If I specify --geometry=1920x1080, the window fits on the screen, but
> again the UI and video occupy only the lower left quadrant.
>
> If I turn off HiDPI everything works properly -- but of course other
> apps are way too small to be usable.
>
> Unfortunately I don't know what component changed: MythTV (32-fixes),
> Qt5, and xwayland all got updated around the time this broke. Has
> anyone seen (and hopefuly fixed) something like this?
>
> Thanks,
> -Doug

I have a similar problem. I have a 4K display and I run it at 4K with 200%
scaling. Under X11 Plasma mythfrontend fills the screen as normal. If I
login with a Wayland session the mythtv desktop is 1/4 the size it should
be and it's in the bottom left of the display. I normally use X11 but
sometimes play with Wayland. I'm running EndeavourOS KDE Plasma with X11
and that is what the EOS people recommend since Wayland and KDE are not
completely working for all corner cases. This must be one of those cases.

Jim A
Re: HiDPI display [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Jan 7, 2023 at 3:01 PM James Abernathy <jfabernathy@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 7, 2023 at 11:06 AM Doug Larrick <doug@parkercat.org> wrote:
>
>> Greetings,
>>
>> I have a laptop with a 4k display that I run at 200% (HiDPI mode),
>> running GNOME on Wayland. Up-to-date Debian testing. This worked great
>> with MythTV frontend until recently.
>>
>> What I see now is that mythfrontend makes a window (or fullscreen
>> surface) that's 2x the display's size (in both dimensions), with the UI
>> and video in the lower left quadrant.
>> If I specify --geometry=1920x1080, the window fits on the screen, but
>> again the UI and video occupy only the lower left quadrant.
>>
>> If I turn off HiDPI everything works properly -- but of course other
>> apps are way too small to be usable.
>>
>> Unfortunately I don't know what component changed: MythTV (32-fixes),
>> Qt5, and xwayland all got updated around the time this broke. Has
>> anyone seen (and hopefuly fixed) something like this?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> -Doug
>>

> I have a similar problem. I have a 4K display and I run it at 4K with 200%
> scaling. Under X11 Plasma mythfrontend fills the screen as normal. If I
> login with a Wayland session the mythtv desktop is 1/4 the size it should
> be and it's in the bottom left of the display. I normally use X11 but
> sometimes play with Wayland. I'm running EndeavourOS KDE Plasma with X11
> and that is what the EOS people recommend since Wayland and KDE are not
> completely working for all corner cases. This must be one of those cases.
>
> Jim A

And BTW, this hardware is Intel Iris Graphics:

Operating System: EndeavourOS
KDE Plasma Version: 5.26.5
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.101.0
Qt Version: 5.15.7
Kernel Version: 6.1.3-arch1-1 (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: X11
Processors: 8 × 11th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz
Memory: 15.0 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: Mesa Intel® Xe Graphics

Jim A