Mailing List Archive

Re: mythtv-users Digest, Vol 237, Issue 26
On Thu, 29 Dec 2022 07:01:20 -0500, Fri, 30 Dec 2022 at 20:00, James
Abernathy <jfabernathy@gmail.com> wrote:
> Did you try:
>
> Frame Rate Synchronization.
> If you are playing a video or recording that was recorded at a different
> frame rate from the default for your android device, motion may appear
> jerky. Frame Rate Synchronization fixes this by changing the refresh rate
> of your TV to match the frame rate of the video. Select "Match original
> frame rate" in the playback settings. With Amazon Fire TV Stick you also
> need to enable the "Match original frame rate" setting in the Fire TV
> settings.
>
> https://github.com/bennettpeter/android-MythTV-Leanfront#frame-rate-synchronization
>
> Jim A

Hi Jim,
My testing was done with "Match original frame rate" ticked.
After the response from Peter, I unticked this and the warning message
has gone away, with no noticeable change in playback. I.e. all good.
Cheers,
Justin.