listings. It seems to be related to having rows in the channel table
where the deleted field isn't blank. I'm wondering if I can just delete
those rows?
Re: What is the purpose of the "deleted" date field in the channel table? [ In reply to ]
On 27/06/2021 14:35, Paul Gardiner wrote:
> I've recently run into problems with mythweb showing incorrect program listings. It seems to be
> related to having rows in the channel table where the deleted field isn't blank. I'm wondering if I
> can just delete those rows?

I would guess that this is for those occasions when a channel is moved. The chanid would change but
you may still have programs on disk which are referenced by the old chanid. The deleted date marks
that channel as not displayable in the schedule but is still there if you go through the recorded
program route.

--

Mike Perkins

Re: What is the purpose of the "deleted" date field in the channel table? [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Jun 27, 2021 at 1:36 PM Paul Gardiner <lists@glidos.net> wrote:

> I've recently run into problems with mythweb showing incorrect program
> listings. It seems to be related to having rows in the channel table
> where the deleted field isn't blank. I'm wondering if I can just delete
> those rows?

There are references to the deleted channels in
either the recorded or oldrecorded tables which
are used to display certain channel info. When
the last reference to one of those channels are
deleted, one of the various housekeeping tasks
removes the deleted channel.
Re: What is the purpose of the "deleted" date field in the channel table? [ In reply to ]
On 27/06/2021 15:21, Mike Perkins wrote:
> On 27/06/2021 14:35, Paul Gardiner wrote:
>> I've recently run into problems with mythweb showing incorrect program
>> listings. It seems to be related to having rows in the channel table
>> where the deleted field isn't blank. I'm wondering if I can just
>> delete those rows?
>>
> I would guess that this is for those occasions when a channel is moved.
> The chanid would change but you may still have programs on disk which
> are referenced by the old chanid. The deleted date marks that channel as
> not displayable in the schedule but is still there if you go through the
> recorded program route.

Ah right, that makes sense. I had noticed some disappearing on their own
before.
Re: What is the purpose of the "deleted" date field in the channel table? [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 27 Jun 2021 14:35:37 +0100, you wrote:

>I've recently run into problems with mythweb showing incorrect program
>listings. It seems to be related to having rows in the channel table
>where the deleted field isn't blank. I'm wondering if I can just delete
>those rows?

It looks like Mythweb is in need of an update to make it ignore
channels that are marked as deleted. Mythweb is not really supported
any more, so I suspect this has happened as a result of that. Can you
do what you need using the newer internal MythTV web server on port
6544? That is where the support is now.
Re: What is the purpose of the "deleted" date field in the channel table? [ In reply to ]
> On Sun, 27 Jun 2021 14:35:37 +0100, you wrote:
>
>> I've recently run into problems with mythweb showing incorrect program
>> listings. It seems to be related to having rows in the channel table
>> where the deleted field isn't blank. I'm wondering if I can just delete
>> those rows?
>
> It looks like Mythweb is in need of an update to make it ignore
> channels that are marked as deleted. Mythweb is not really supported
> any more, so I suspect this has happened as a result of that. Can you
> do what you need using the newer internal MythTV web server on port
> 6544? That is where the support is now.

I thought that too, but Gary also pointed out, in another thread, that
Myhthweb has already been updated, both on master and on fixes/31.