Mailing List Archive

Channel listings for one channel don't show up in mythweb
So this is weird… I have a test mythbe/mythfe that I just upgraded from v29 to v31, and also installed mythweb, and I am having strangeness with one or 2 channels.

I am using EIT for the program guide.

I can see the listings for it in the guide pages inside mythtv frontend, as well as seeing them thru the new Mythfrontend web interface.

Anyone have any hints where I might look to see if I need to tweak something somewhere?

Regards!
Re: Channel listings for one channel don't show up in mythweb [ In reply to ]
On 12/8/20 10:38 AM, Jay Harbeston wrote:
> So this is weird… I have a test mythbe/mythfe that I just upgraded from v29 to v31, and also installed mythweb, and I am having strangeness with one or 2 channels.
>
> I am using EIT for the program guide.
>
> I can see the listings for it in the guide pages inside mythtv frontend, as well as seeing them thru the new Mythfrontend web interface.
>
> Anyone have any hints where I might look to see if I need to tweak something somewhere?
>
> Regards!

Is this OTA ATSC in the USA? I know that some of my channels don't
update EIT EPGs very often so I have to wait 24 hours to see some of
them.  Even then only 12 hours at best.

That's why I use Schedules Direct. 18 days.

Jim A

Re: Channel listings for one channel don't show up in mythweb [ In reply to ]
> On Dec 8, 2020, at 10:44 AM, Jim Abernathy <jfabernathy@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On 12/8/20 10:38 AM, Jay Harbeston wrote:
>> So this is weird… I have a test mythbe/mythfe that I just upgraded from v29 to v31, and also installed mythweb, and I am having strangeness with one or 2 channels.
>>
>> I am using EIT for the program guide.
>>
>> I can see the listings for it in the guide pages inside mythtv frontend, as well as seeing them thru the new Mythfrontend web interface.
>>
>> Anyone have any hints where I might look to see if I need to tweak something somewhere?
>>
>> Regards!
>
> Is this OTA ATSC in the USA? I know that some of my channels don't update EIT EPGs very often so I have to wait 24 hours to see some of them. Even then only 12 hours at best.
>
> That's why I use Schedules Direct. 18 days.

Yes, It is OTA ATSC in the USA. The thing is, that the channel DOES have data for 10-12 hours, and does show up in the guide information inside the front end and the data looks good.
For some reason mythweb won’t show it for one particular channel. But the mythfrontend web interface does show it.

I do use schedules direct for my main mythbe, this is an experimental instance for playing with.

Weird!
Re: Channel listings for one channel don't show up in mythweb [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Dec 8, 2020, 11:14 AM Jay Harbeston <jharbestonus@gmail.com> wrote:

> > On Dec 8, 2020, at 10:44 AM, Jim Abernathy <jfabernathy@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >

> > On 12/8/20 10:38 AM, Jay Harbeston wrote:
> >> So this is weird… I have a test mythbe/mythfe that I just upgraded from
> v29 to v31, and also installed mythweb, and I am having strangeness with
> one or 2 channels.
> >>
> >> I am using EIT for the program guide.
> >>
> >> I can see the listings for it in the guide pages inside mythtv
> frontend, as well as seeing them thru the new Mythfrontend web interface.
> >>
> >> Anyone have any hints where I might look to see if I need to tweak
> something somewhere?
> >>
> >> Regards!
> >
> > Is this OTA ATSC in the USA? I know that some of my channels don't
> update EIT EPGs very often so I have to wait 24 hours to see some of them.
> Even then only 12 hours at best.
> >
> > That's why I use Schedules Direct. 18 days.
>

> Yes, It is OTA ATSC in the USA. The thing is, that the channel DOES
> have data for 10-12 hours, and does show up in the guide information inside
> the front end and the data looks good.
> For some reason mythweb won’t show it for one particular channel. But the
> mythfrontend web interface does show it.
>
> I do use schedules direct for my main mythbe, this is an experimental
> instance for playing with.
>
> Weird!

I have had issues with Mythweb that worked on webfrontend. I think mythweb
is on its way out.

Jim
Re: Channel listings for one channel don't show up in mythweb [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 8 Dec 2020 11:12:53 -0500, you wrote:

>> On Dec 8, 2020, at 10:44 AM, Jim Abernathy <jfabernathy@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> On 12/8/20 10:38 AM, Jay Harbeston wrote:
>>> So this is weird? I have a test mythbe/mythfe that I just upgraded from v29 to v31, and also installed mythweb, and I am having strangeness with one or 2 channels.
>>>
>>> I am using EIT for the program guide.
>>>
>>> I can see the listings for it in the guide pages inside mythtv frontend, as well as seeing them thru the new Mythfrontend web interface.
>>>
>>> Anyone have any hints where I might look to see if I need to tweak something somewhere?
>>>
>>> Regards!
>>
>> Is this OTA ATSC in the USA? I know that some of my channels don't update EIT EPGs very often so I have to wait 24 hours to see some of them. Even then only 12 hours at best.
>>
>> That's why I use Schedules Direct. 18 days.
>

>Yes, It is OTA ATSC in the USA. The thing is, that the channel DOES have data for 10-12 hours, and does show up in the guide information inside the front end and the data looks good.
>For some reason mythweb won?t show it for one particular channel. But the mythfrontend web interface does show it.
>
>I do use schedules direct for my main mythbe, this is an experimental instance for playing with.
>
>Weird!

Have you checked the Apache logs (/var/log/apache2/) for any errors
from mythweb? If PHP was upgraded, there could be problems with that.
Re: Channel listings for one channel don't show up in mythweb [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 9 Dec 2020 at 11:49, Stephen Worthington <stephen_agent@jsw.gen.nz>
wrote:

> On Tue, 8 Dec 2020 11:12:53 -0500, you wrote:
>
> >> On Dec 8, 2020, at 10:44 AM, Jim Abernathy <jfabernathy@gmail.com>
> wrote:

> from v29 to v31, and also installed mythweb, and I am having strangeness
> with one or 2 channels.

> frontend, as well as seeing them thru the new Mythfrontend web interface.

> something somewhere?

> >> Is this OTA ATSC in the USA? I know that some of my channels don't
> update EIT EPGs very often so I have to wait 24 hours to see some of them.
> Even then only 12 hours at best.
> >>
> >> That's why I use Schedules Direct. 18 days.
> >

> >Yes, It is OTA ATSC in the USA. The thing is, that the channel DOES
> have data for 10-12 hours, and does show up in the guide information inside
> the front end and the data looks good.
> >For some reason mythweb won’t show it for one particular channel. But the
> mythfrontend web interface does show it.
> >
> >I do use schedules direct for my main mythbe, this is an experimental
> instance for playing with.
> >
> >Weird!
>
> Have you checked the Apache logs (/var/log/apache2/) for any errors
> from mythweb? If PHP was upgraded, there could be problems with that.

Well out of curiosity I went to mythweb, which I do use from time to time,
and sure enough there are several channels missing data in the programme
guide. All of which have good data in mythfrontend web. I've never
noticed that before.

This is a new build from late August on Fedora 32 and MythTV 32. I've not
updated it since.

Only change I've made is to replace a DVB-T capture device with DVB-T2. I
deleted my DVB-T source which has created a bunch of zombie channels I'm
wondering what to do with?

And I have just rescanned to pick up the UK FREEVIEW changes - maybe
something odd there.

No obvious errors in the httpd log.

Re: Channel listings for one channel don't show up in mythweb [ In reply to ]
I just checked the logs, and don’t see anything other than the usual accessing of urls. Looks normal in both the error.log as well as access.log.

Regards!

Re: Channel listings for one channel don't show up in mythweb [ In reply to ]
> On Dec 9, 2020, at 7:56 AM, David Watkins <watkinshome@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On Wed, 9 Dec 2020 at 11:49, Stephen Worthington <stephen_agent@jsw.gen.nz <mailto:stephen_agent@jsw.gen.nz>> wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Dec 2020 11:12:53 -0500, you wrote:

> >> Is this OTA ATSC in the USA? I know that some of my channels don't update EIT EPGs very often so I have to wait 24 hours to see some of them. Even then only 12 hours at best.
> >>
> >> That's why I use Schedules Direct. 18 days.
> >

> >Yes, It is OTA ATSC in the USA. The thing is, that the channel DOES have data for 10-12 hours, and does show up in the guide information inside the front end and the data looks good.
> >For some reason mythweb won’t show it for one particular channel. But the mythfrontend web interface does show it.
> >
> >I do use schedules direct for my main mythbe, this is an experimental instance for playing with.
> >
> >Weird!
>
> Have you checked the Apache logs (/var/log/apache2/) for any errors
> from mythweb? If PHP was upgraded, there could be problems with that.
>

> Well out of curiosity I went to mythweb, which I do use from time to time, and sure enough there are several channels missing data in the programme guide. All of which have good data in mythfrontend web. I've never noticed that before.
>
> This is a new build from late August on Fedora 32 and MythTV 32. I've not updated it since.
>
> Only change I've made is to replace a DVB-T capture device with DVB-T2. I deleted my DVB-T source which has created a bunch of zombie channels I'm wondering what to do with?
>
> And I have just rescanned to pick up the UK FREEVIEW changes - maybe something odd there.
>
> No obvious errors in the httpd log.

The only thing that I did was to delete all the channels and do a rescan as a few of the channels had switched frequencies since I last used this test instance.

Prior to rescanning there was no information for guide as this test instance had not been powered up for at least 6 months while on v29.

I forced EIT to update by tuning in to each channel and watching for a few minutes.

There are 3 sub channels on the virtual channel 3, and only one of the 3 (3.2)has no listings. 3.1 and 3.3 are fine. Webfrontend displays them fine, as well as the guide option within mythtv-frontend.

Regards!
Re: Channel listings for one channel don't show up in mythweb [ In reply to ]
On 12/9/20 8:39 AM, Jay Harbeston wrote:
> I just checked the logs, and don’t see anything other than the usual accessing of urls. Looks normal in both the error.log as well as access.log.
>
> Regards!

>> I have a test mythbe/mythfe that I just upgraded from v29 to v31, and also installed mythweb, and I am having strangeness with one or 2 channels.

>>> Yes, It is OTA ATSC in the USA. The thing is, that the channel DOES have data for 10-12 hours, and does show up in the guide information inside the front end and the data looks good.
>>> For some reason mythweb won?t show it for one particular channel. But the mythfrontend web interface does show it.
>>>
>>> I do use schedules direct for my main mythbe, this is an experimental instance for playing with.
>>>
>>> Weird!
>>
>> Have you checked the Apache logs (/var/log/apache2/) for any errors
>> from mythweb? If PHP was upgraded, there could be problems with that.

I don't think the actual page has ever been mentioned. I'd assume it's:

http://somehostname/mythweb/tv/list

or wherever the mythweb is installed.

See if http://somehostname/mythweb/settings/tv/channels page show the
channels of interest.

Would expect an empty response from this:

mysql --user=mythtv --password=<from config.xml> --host=localhost --execute="SELECT chanid,channum,callsign,visible FROM channel WHERE visible
NOT IN (0, 1)" mythconverg

Checking because I can't remember when the change to visible's values was made.

--
Bill
Re: Channel listings for one channel don't show up in mythweb [ In reply to ]

> I don't think the actual page has ever been mentioned. I'd assume it's:
>
> http://somehostname/mythweb/tv/list
>
> or wherever the mythweb is installed.
>
> See if http://somehostname/mythweb/settings/tv/channels page show the
> channels of interest.

It does. In fact it shows them twice. The affected channels appear to be
those where I have a second 'zombie' entry for a source that I have deleted.

[image: image.png]

sourceid 1 was for my DVB-T capture card.
sourceid 2 was for my DVB-T2 capture card and contained all the same
channels as sourceid 1, plus the HD ones.

I deleted sourceid 1 using mythtv-setup a while ago when I got rid of my
DVB-T card, but about 8 of its channels (out of 150 or so) have remained in
the database. I've been wondering whether to delete them by hand?

mythweb is not showing guide data for any of these channels which still
exist on sourceid 2. frontends and frontend web show guide data correctly
and the backend can schedule and make recordings from them.

Re: Channel listings for one channel don't show up in mythweb [ In reply to ]
On Dec 9, 2020, at 9:58 AM, David Watkins <watkinshome@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't think the actual page has ever been mentioned. I'd assume it's:
>
> http://somehostname/mythweb/tv/list <http://somehostname/mythweb/tv/list>
>
> or wherever the mythweb is installed.
>
> See if http://somehostname/mythweb/settings/tv/channels <http://somehostname/mythweb/settings/tv/channels> page show the
> channels of interest.
>
> It does. In fact it shows them twice. The affected channels appear to be those where I have a second 'zombie' entry for a source that I have deleted.
>
> <image.png>
>
> sourceid 1 was for my DVB-T capture card.
> sourceid 2 was for my DVB-T2 capture card and contained all the same channels as sourceid 1, plus the HD ones.
>
> I deleted sourceid 1 using mythtv-setup a while ago when I got rid of my DVB-T card, but about 8 of its channels (out of 150 or so) have remained in the database. I've been wondering whether to delete them by hand?
>
> mythweb is not showing guide data for any of these channels which still exist on sourceid 2. frontends and frontend web show guide data correctly and the backend can schedule and make recordings from them.
>

> Would expect an empty response from this:
>
> mysql --user=mythtv --password=<from config.xml> --host=localhost --execute="SELECT chanid,channum,callsign,visible FROM channel WHERE visible
> NOT IN (0, 1)" mythconverg
>

> I get an empty response from that.

I had a similar issue recently when I migrated from dd to xmltv. Looking at the ‘channel’ table in the database, I noticed that the deleted channels were still there, but the ‘deleted’ column now had a date. It seems like mythweb pays no attention to this column, which causes confusion with listings and scheduling recordings. I suppose the proper fix would be to update mythweb to not select deleted channels. But instead I just used sql to remove the deleted channels from the channel table. The only negative side-effect I’ve noticed from this is all my old recordings no longer indicate the channel they were recorded on. This is probably because the ‘chanid’ no longer exists in the database (I also replaced my sources in this migration, so the ’same’ channels would have a different chanid).
Re: Channel listings for one channel don't show up in mythweb [ In reply to ]
On Wednesday, 9 December 2020, Chris H <hoffchris@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 9, 2020, at 9:58 AM, David Watkins <watkinshome@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> I don't think the actual page has ever been mentioned. I'd assume it's:
>>
>> http://somehostname/mythweb/tv/list
>>
>> or wherever the mythweb is installed.
>>
>> See if http://somehostname/mythweb/settings/tv/channels page show the
>> channels of interest.
>>

> It does. In fact it shows them twice. The affected channels appear to be
> those where I have a second 'zombie' entry for a source that I have deleted.
>
> <image.png>
>
> sourceid 1 was for my DVB-T capture card.
> sourceid 2 was for my DVB-T2 capture card and contained all the same
> channels as sourceid 1, plus the HD ones.
>
> I deleted sourceid 1 using mythtv-setup a while ago when I got rid of my
> DVB-T card, but about 8 of its channels (out of 150 or so) have remained in
> the database. I've been wondering whether to delete them by hand?
>
> mythweb is not showing guide data for any of these channels which still
> exist on sourceid 2. frontends and frontend web show guide data correctly
> and the backend can schedule and make recordings from them.
>

>> Would expect an empty response from this:
>>
>> mysql --user=mythtv --password=<from config.xml> --host=localhost
>> --execute="SELECT chanid,channum,callsign,visible FROM channel WHERE
>> visible
>> NOT IN (0, 1)" mythconverg
>>

>> I get an empty response from that.

> I had a similar issue recently when I migrated from dd to xmltv. Looking
> at the ‘channel’ table in the database, I noticed that the deleted channels
> were still there, but the ‘deleted’ column now had a date. It seems like
> mythweb pays no attention to this column, which causes confusion with
> listings and scheduling recordings. I suppose the proper fix would be to
> update mythweb to not select deleted channels. But instead I just used sql
> to remove the deleted channels from the channel table. The only negative
> side-effect I’ve noticed from this is all my old recordings no longer
> indicate the channel they were recorded on. This is probably because the
> ‘chanid’ no longer exists in the database (I also replaced my sources in
> this migration, so the ’same’ channels would have a different chanid).

That explains my 8 zombie channels. They must be the ones I have
recordings from.

If I watch and delete those recordings perhaps the channel's will disappear?

Seems the backend's being quite clever, but mythweb isn't.
Re: Channel listings for one channel don't show up in mythweb [ In reply to ]
David:

>> See ifhttp://somehostname/mythweb/settings/tv/channels page show the
>> channels of interest.
>>
> It does. In fact it shows them twice. The affected channels appear to be
> those where I have a second 'zombie' entry for a source that I have deleted.

I think the 'zombie channels' are your problem.  Here in the U.S. have
done several 'repackings' which have moved some television transmit
channels around (to make better use of the band).  First time I did it I
did not remove the old/original channels and for whatever reason my
SchedulesDirect (and I would assume your EIT data) went to the original
channel rather than the new (or both) channels.

So hopefully by deleting your 'old' channels -- the ones with no longer
used transports -- doing a full rescan (which wil put in the updated
transports) followed by running mythfilldatabase your system will run
properly.

Barry
Re: Channel listings for one channel don't show up in mythweb [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 9 Dec 2020 19:17:16 +0000, you wrote:

>On Wednesday, 9 December 2020, Chris H <hoffchris@gmail.com> wrote:

>> I had a similar issue recently when I migrated from dd to xmltv. Looking
>> at the ?channel? table in the database, I noticed that the deleted channels
>> were still there, but the ?deleted? column now had a date. It seems like
>> mythweb pays no attention to this column, which causes confusion with
>> listings and scheduling recordings. I suppose the proper fix would be to
>> update mythweb to not select deleted channels. But instead I just used sql
>> to remove the deleted channels from the channel table. The only negative
>> side-effect I?ve noticed from this is all my old recordings no longer
>> indicate the channel they were recorded on. This is probably because the
>> ?chanid? no longer exists in the database (I also replaced my sources in
>> this migration, so the ?same? channels would have a different chanid).
>>

>That explains my 8 zombie channels. They must be the ones I have
>recordings from.
>
>If I watch and delete those recordings perhaps the channel's will disappear?
>
>Seems the backend's being quite clever, but mythweb isn't.

It looks like mythweb has not been updated for the changes done in v31
to keep old channels when there are still recordings. Since mythweb
is no longer really supported, that is not surprising. So someone who
understands PHP needs to take a look at fixing it. I would be
surprised if it was very difficult.
Re: Channel listings for one channel don't show up in mythweb [ In reply to ]
> On Dec 9, 2020, at 10:30 AM, Bill Meek <keemllib@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 12/9/20 8:39 AM, Jay Harbeston wrote:
>> I just checked the logs, and don’t see anything other than the usual accessing of urls. Looks normal in both the error.log as well as access.log.
>>
>> Regards!

>>> I have a test mythbe/mythfe that I just upgraded from v29 to v31, and also installed mythweb, and I am having strangeness with one or 2 channels.

>>> Have you checked the Apache logs (/var/log/apache2/) for any errors
>>> from mythweb? If PHP was upgraded, there could be problems with that.
>
> I don't think the actual page has ever been mentioned. I'd assume it's:
>
> http://somehostname/mythweb/tv/list
>
> or wherever the mythweb is installed.
>
> See if http://somehostname/mythweb/settings/tv/channels page show the
> channels of interest.
>
> Would expect an empty response from this:
>
> mysql --user=mythtv --password=<from config.xml> --host=localhost --execute="SELECT chanid,channum,callsign,visible FROM channel WHERE visible
> NOT IN (0, 1)" mythconverg
>
> Checking because I can't remember when the change to visible's values was made.

I only have one source, and I do not have any ‘zombie’ channels as the other person mentioned later in this thread.

I do the query as you show above, and there are no records. When I dropped the where close, all of the channels show visible = 1 .

Interestingly, the when I click on the channel id on the left side of the page to see just the information for the particular, The page would normally show all the listings for that particular channel, but the page just flashes, and returns back to the guide page for all the channels.

Experimenting with the url, I found that the chanid was 14322 gave me the info for channel 3.1 and 14324 gave me info for channel 3.3

When I used the chanid 14323 for the missing channel info , I did indeed see data for the missing channel in mythweb! Further, when I forced the chanid for the missing data, the Jump TO dropdown does not show the channel 3.2 as being displayed.

So for some reason, the listings page does not display the information for channel 3.2(chanid 14323).

Very weird!!

Re: Channel listings for one channel don't show up in mythweb [ In reply to ]

>> I don't think the actual page has ever been mentioned. I'd assume it's:
>>
>> http://somehostname/mythweb/tv/list
>>
>> or wherever the mythweb is installed.
>>
>> See if http://somehostname/mythweb/settings/tv/channels page show the
>> channels of interest.
>>
>> Would expect an empty response from this:
>>
>> mysql --user=mythtv --password=<from config.xml> --host=localhost --execute="SELECT chanid,channum,callsign,visible FROM channel WHERE visible
>> NOT IN (0, 1)" mythconverg
>>
>> Checking because I can't remember when the change to visible's values was made.
>>

> I only have one source, and I do not have any ‘zombie’ channels as the other person mentioned later in this thread.

Well it turns out I did have one stray ‘zombie’ channel that I deleted, but it didn’t get removed from the channel table, rather it was marked as deleted as indicted in this thread. I removed that channel in the channel table, and it now displays correctly.

Apologies for all the noise in this thread. :-)

Regards!
Re: Channel listings for one channel don't show up in mythweb [ In reply to ]
On 11/12/2020 17:40, Jay Harbeston wrote:

>>> I don't think the actual page has ever been mentioned. I'd assume it's:
>>>
>>> http://somehostname/mythweb/tv/list <http://somehostname/mythweb/tv/list>
>>>
>>> or wherever the mythweb is installed.
>>>
>>> See if http://somehostname/mythweb/settings/tv/channels page show the
>>> channels of interest.
>>>
>>> Would expect an empty response from this:
>>>
>>> mysql --user=mythtv --password=<from config.xml> --host=localhost --execute="SELECT chanid,channum,callsign,visible FROM channel WHERE
>>> visible
>>> NOT IN (0, 1)" mythconverg
>>>
>>> Checking because I can't remember when the change to visible's values was made.
>>>

>> I only have one source, and I do not have any ‘zombie’ channels as the other person mentioned later in this thread.
>>

> Well it turns out I did have one stray ‘zombie’ channel that I deleted, but it didn’t get removed from the channel table, rather it was
> marked as deleted as indicted in this thread. I removed that channel in the channel table, and it now displays correctly.
>
> Apologies for all the noise in this thread. :-)

I know this is an old thread, but as I hit this problem myself just now, here is the fix:

diff --git a/modules/tv/classes/Channel.php b/modules/tv/classes/Channel.php
index a4350283..73611112 100644
--- a/modules/tv/classes/Channel.php
+++ b/modules/tv/classes/Channel.php
@@ -54,9 +54,9 @@ class Channel extends MythBase {
if ($_SESSION['guide_favonly']) {
$sql .= ', channelgroup, channelgroupnames WHERE channel.chanid = channelgroup.chanid AND channelgroup.grpid =
channelgroupnames.grpid AND channelgroupnames.name = \'Favorites\'';
if ($filtered)
- $sql .= ' AND channel.visible = 1';
+ $sql .= ' AND channel.visible = 1 AND channel.deleted IS NULL';
} elseif ($filtered) {
- $sql .= ' WHERE channel.visible = 1';
+ $sql .= ' WHERE channel.visible = 1 AND channel.deleted IS NULL';
}
$sql .= ' GROUP BY channel.channum, channel.callsign';
// Sort
@@ -82,7 +82,7 @@ class Channel extends MythBase {
$sql .= ', channelgroup, channelgroupnames WHERE channel.chanid = channelgroup.chanid AND channelgroup.grpid =
channelgroupnames.grpid AND channelgroupnames.name = \'Favorites\' AND';
else
$sql .= ' WHERE';
- $sql .= ' channel.visible = 1';
+ $sql .= ' channel.visible = 1 AND channel.deleted IS NULL';
$sql .= ' GROUP BY channel.channum, channel.callsign';
// Sort
$sql .= ' ORDER BY '

The reason for this change is this commit:

commit 2e26f7f12fce13c155e43ff536b1e09a342e1722
Author: David Engel <dengel@mythtv.org>
Date: Thu Oct 10 10:29:28 2019 -0500

Preserve data for deleted channels that are still referenced.

Don't immediately remove database entries for channels when they are
deleted. Instead, mark them as deleted so they are no longer used.
Change housekeeping to remove the entries for delted channels at a
later time when they are no longer referenced.

Fixes #13500

With this commit any deleted channels are simply marked as deleted, instead
of the records being actually deleted. This might confuse MythWeb.

For example:

mysql> select chanid,channum,deleted from channel where deleted IS NOT NULL;
+--------+---------+---------------------+
| chanid | channum | deleted |
+--------+---------+---------------------+
| 10009 | 9 | 2021-02-16 22:13:53 |
| 10006 | 6 | 2021-02-16 22:13:24 |
| 10014 | 14 | 2021-02-16 22:17:43 |
| 10015 | 15 | 2021-02-16 22:17:43 |
| 10008 | 8 | 2021-02-16 22:17:43 |
| 10001 | 204 | 2021-02-16 22:17:43 |
| 10002 | 202 | 2021-02-16 22:17:43 |
| 10003 | 205 | 2021-02-16 22:17:43 |
| 10004 | 4 | 2021-02-16 22:13:17 |
| 10005 | 215 | 2021-02-16 22:17:43 |
| 10013 | 13 | 2021-02-16 22:17:43 |
| 10011 | 11 | 2021-02-16 22:17:43 |
| 10010 | 10 | 2021-02-16 22:13:57 |
| 10007 | 7 | 2021-02-16 22:14:08 |
| 10020 | 20 | 2021-02-16 22:17:43 |
| 10016 | 16 | 2021-02-16 22:17:43 |
| 10012 | 12 | 2021-02-16 22:17:43 |
| 20105 | 105 | 2021-02-05 16:01:08 |
+--------+---------+---------------------+
18 rows in set (0.00 sec)

All of the above channels are old DVB-T channels that I happened to delete
after switching completely to DBT-T2 cards. Deleting the above records
will of course fix the current issue, but only temporarily.

TomiO.
Re: Channel listings for one channel don't show up in mythweb [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 2021-02-18 at 16:44 +0200, Tomi Orava wrote:
> [...]
>               } elseif ($filtered) {
> -                $sql .= ' WHERE channel.visible = 1';
> +                $sql .= ' WHERE channel.visible = 1 AND
> channel.deleted IS NULL';
>               }
>               $sql .= ' GROUP BY channel.channum, channel.callsign';
>           // Sort
> @@ -82,7 +82,7 @@ class Channel extends MythBase {
>                   $sql .= ', channelgroup, channelgroupnames WHERE
> channel.chanid = channelgroup.chanid AND channelgroup.grpid =
> channelgroupnames.grpid AND channelgroupnames.name = \'Favorites\'
> AND';
>               else
>                   $sql .= ' WHERE';
> -            $sql .= ' channel.visible = 1';
> +            $sql .= ' channel.visible = 1 AND channel.deleted IS
> NULL';
>               $sql .= ' GROUP BY channel.channum, channel.callsign';

I have committed this change to mythweb (both master and v31).

David

Re: Channel listings for one channel don't show up in mythweb [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Feb 19, 2021 at 7:03 PM David Hampton via mythtv-users
<mythtv-users@mythtv.org> wrote:

> I have committed this change to mythweb (both master and v31).

As an aside, mythweb master still has
the last annotated tag from v30 (so rather
than a git describe being of the form
v32-pre it is v30....), which can result
in some versioning confusion (although
since mythweb is mostly deprecated
it typically does not really cause any
issues).