Mailing List Archive

leanfront problem with UK recording (fixed?)
leanfront-v0-201-g01a9a62

The latest Firestick 4k firmware version 6.2.7.3 seems to have fixed the
issue with UK 1080i recordings

https://github.com/amzn/exoplayer-amazon-port/issues/94#issuecomment-675488742

I would recommend everybody affected retests.

Playback seems flawless with Freesat DVB-S2.

The only remaining issue that I have with leanfrontend is that the
Master Backend Override Flag is not honoured but this only effects slave
recordings stored on the masters file system, so is fairly esoteric.

Strangely enough the normal Frontend doesn,t work at all use mediacodec
after this update. I will start a separate thread on MythTV Official
Community Forum

Re: leanfront problem with UK recording (fixed?) [ In reply to ]
On 27/09/2020 14:36, jksjdevelop wrote:
> leanfront-v0-201-g01a9a62
>
> The latest Firestick 4k firmware version 6.2.7.3 seems to have fixed the
> issue with UK 1080i recordings
>
> https://github.com/amzn/exoplayer-amazon-port/issues/94#issuecomment-675488742
>

> I would recommend everybody affected retests.
>
> Playback seems flawless with Freesat DVB-S2.
>
> The only remaining issue that I have with leanfrontend is that the
> Master Backend Override Flag is not honoured but this only effects slave
> recordings stored on the masters file system, so is fairly esoteric.
>
> Strangely enough the normal Frontend doesn,t work at all use mediacodec
> after this update. I will start a separate thread on MythTV Official
> Community Forum

Thanks for pointing out the new build - but I'm afraid playback is still
usually good for me only on DVB-T/T2 recordings stripped to 2 streams or
converted to mkv. Mostly I get good audio but video that goes in jerks,
updated around once a second. I found and enabled the 'match frame
rate' setting and now playback is preceded by notice that it's at 50 Hz.
And since I often have similar content that has been processed in
different ways it's easy to get confused...

Re: leanfront problem with UK recording (fixed?) [ In reply to ]
On 27/09/2020 16:19, John wrote:
> On 27/09/2020 16:13, John Pilkington wrote:
>> On 27/09/2020 14:36, jksjdevelop wrote:
>>> leanfront-v0-201-g01a9a62
>>>
>>> The latest Firestick 4k firmware version 6.2.7.3 seems to have fixed
>>> the issue with UK 1080i recordings
>>>
>>> https://github.com/amzn/exoplayer-amazon-port/issues/94#issuecomment-675488742
>>>

>>> I would recommend everybody affected retests.
>>>
>>> Playback seems flawless with Freesat DVB-S2.
>>>
>>> The only remaining issue that I have with leanfrontend is that the
>>> Master Backend Override Flag is not honoured but this only effects
>>> slave recordings stored on the masters file system, so is fairly
>>> esoteric.
>>>
>>> Strangely enough the normal Frontend doesn,t work at all use
>>> mediacodec after this update. I will start a separate thread on
>>> MythTV Official Community Forum
>>
>> Thanks for pointing out the new build - but I'm afraid playback is
>> still usually good for me only on DVB-T/T2 recordings stripped to 2
>> streams or converted to mkv.? Mostly I get good audio but video that
>> goes in jerks, updated around once a second.? I found and enabled the
>> 'match frame rate' setting and now playback is preceded by notice
>> that it's at 50 Hz. ?And since I often have similar content that has
>> been processed in different ways it's easy to get confused...

> Strange its working perfectly for me - on DVB-S2 with today's version
> of leanfront-v0-201-g01a9a62

Are you sure its not a network problem?

Re: leanfront problem with UK recording (fixed?) [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 27 Sep 2020 at 14:38, jksjdevelop <jksjdevelop@gmail.com> wrote:
> Strangely enough the normal Frontend doesn,t work at all use mediacodec
> after this update. I will start a separate thread on MythTV Official
> Community Forum

This is the official mythtv users list. So this is the right place (or
one of them anyway) to report 'normal' frontend problems.

As for leanfront issues, they should be reported to Peter. Leanfront
is not mythtv.

Regards
Mark
Re: leanfront problem with UK recording (fixed?) [ In reply to ]
I raised the issue in the community forum as the more complex issues are
easier to track there, Would have liked to raise a ticket but couldn't
get in. Strange as I have done this previously/

See https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=4041

Re: leanfront problem with UK recording (fixed?) [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 27 Sep 2020 at 18:05, jksjdevelop <jksjdevelop@gmail.com> wrote:

> I raised the issue in the community forum as the more complex issues are
> easier to track there, Would have liked to raise a ticket but couldn't
> get in. Strange as I have done this previously/

We have moved over to github issues for tickets - the old trac page is
closed for new tickets:-

https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/issues

Regards
Mark
Re: leanfront problem with UK recording (fixed?) [ In reply to ]
Many thanks raised as :-

https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/issues/236