Mailing List Archive

Two things: Completely disable CEC? Manually add channels?
Is there a way to completely disable CEC without having to add a switch
on the command line?  Like a DB or config file setting? All I've found
is the -O libCECEnabled=0, but I keep forgetting it (when I'm not using
a shortcut, alias or script) and turning off the TV while my wife is
watching a mystery, just when the bad guy is about to be exposed!  (my
frontend/backend has a console where I do this stuff and it's also
connected to the TV which has a cable STB she uses while I work)

The other thing I would like to do is manually add a channel. Scanning
for channels finds some channels with the antenna facing north and
others with it facing south.  Some channels work better with a preamp,
others are worse.  I've amassed a list of all the channels I CAN get
using scandvb in multiple configurations.  Is there a script that could
populate my database using those files? Or a way to tell Myth to scan
again without deleting existing channels?

Dave D.

Re: Two things: Completely disable CEC? Manually add channels? [ In reply to ]
> The other thing I would like to do is manually add a channel. Scanning
> for channels finds some channels with the antenna facing north and
> others with it facing south. Some channels work better with a preamp,
> others are worse. I've amassed a list of all the channels I CAN get
> using scandvb in multiple configurations. Is there a script that could
> populate my database using those files? Or a way to tell Myth to scan
> again without deleting existing channels?
>

> You can keep all the existing channels and scan for channels, just do not
press the Delete button that deletes all channels. The existing
channels that are found again will be updated, the new ones will be added
and you have the option to delete the channels that cannot be found anymore
but you can also keep them.

Klaas.
Re: Two things: Completely disable CEC? Manually add channels? [ In reply to ]
On 06/03/2020 12:27 AM, DaveD wrote:
> Is there a way to completely disable CEC without having to add a
> switch on the command line? Like a DB or config file setting? All
> I've found is the -O libCECEnabled=0

It's just a setting in mythfrontend's main general settings. The -O
option is a settings override--saying, "I have the setting configured
the way I want, but in this _one_ instance, I want to turn it off." If
you're using -O overrides frequently, it just means you've misconfigured
your MythTV system.

In settings:

Enable CEC Control interface
This enables controlling MythFrontend from a TV remote or powering the
TV on and off from a MythTV remote if you have compatible hardware.
These settings only take effect after a restart.

as well as, "Allow Power On TV," "Allow Power Off TV," "Power on TV At
Start," and "Power off TV At Exit."

Mike
Re: Two things: Completely disable CEC? Manually add channels? [ In reply to ]
On 6/3/20 4:58 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 06/03/2020 12:27 AM, DaveD wrote:
>> Is there a way to completely disable CEC without having to add a
>> switch on the command line?  Like a DB or config file setting? All
>> I've found is the -O libCECEnabled=0
>
> It's just a setting in mythfrontend's main general settings.  The -O
> option is a settings override--saying, "I have the setting configured
> the way I want, but in this _one_ instance, I want to turn it off."
> If you're using -O overrides frequently, it just means you've
> misconfigured your MythTV system.
>
> In settings:
>
> Enable CEC Control interface
> This enables controlling MythFrontend from a TV remote or powering the
> TV on and off from a MythTV remote if you have compatible hardware.
> These settings only take effect after a restart.
>
> as well as, "Allow Power On TV," "Allow Power Off TV," "Power on TV At
> Start," and "Power off TV At Exit."

Ah, finally found it under Remote Control!  Thanks!

While I was there, I saw the network remote settings so I installed
mythmote.  Cool!

I would still like to find a way to manually add a channel...

Dave D.