Mailing List Archive

Re: mythtv-users Digest, Vol 206, Issue 23
> On 13 May 2020, at 8:00 pm, mythtv-users-request@mythtv.org wrote:
>
>> My attempts to use Johns build script fail on catelina and high sierra at
>> the same point, looking for
>> ff_codec_id_string
>> I will try using the ansible setup.
>> Craig does the build script work for you?
>> Maybe one of my macport install messes the build. I'll also try building
>> in a fresh VM
>> James
>>
>> PS I built a trivial app for windows using QT. The dozen users made me
>> learn more about. windows than I ever wanted to know. I have great empathy
>> for John
>>

> Can you post your configure output? I probably missed a port. I had
> thought I tested in a clean mythtv environment, but I made some many builds
> and configurations over the past few weeks it's all blending.

BTW I'm using your build script from about 2 days ago. Your latest had about 1 line of changes from the previous
James
Re: mythtv-users Digest, Vol 206, Issue 23 [ In reply to ]

> BTW I'm using your build script from about 2 days ago. Your latest had
> about 1 line of changes from the previous
> James
>
> Great, please let me know (here or the forum) if you find any issues and
I'll update to forum post to make corrections.

I'm testing an ansible based version on a clean VM (no installed ports)
currently (few calls to macports, git clone and call to ansible for all of
the necessary ports). Once I get it worked out, I'll post that version on
the forum to a new topic in case it can help you and others (hopefully
tonight).

~John
Re: mythtv-users Digest, Vol 206, Issue 23 [ In reply to ]
> On 14 May 2020, at 7:37 am, mythtv-users-request@mythtv.org wrote:
>
>> BTW I'm using your build script from about 2 days ago. Your latest had
>> about 1 line of changes from the previous
>> James
>>
>> Great, please let me know (here or the forum) if you find any issues and
> I'll update to forum post to make corrections.
>
> I'm testing an ansible based version on a clean VM (no installed ports)
> currently (few calls to macports, git clone and call to ansible for all of
> the necessary ports). Once I get it worked out, I'll post that version on
> the forum to a new topic in case it can help you and others (hopefully
> tonight).

First the mail list rejected my reply as too big
so I sent http://tigger.ws/downloads/mail with the reject mail which did not make it.
Tries again
James
Re: mythtv-users Digest, Vol 206, Issue 23 [ In reply to ]
On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 7:47 PM jam@tigger.ws <jameslinder0@gmail.com>
wrote:

> > On 14 May 2020, at 7:37 am, mythtv-users-request@mythtv.org wrote:
> >
> >> BTW I'm using your build script from about 2 days ago. Your latest had
> >> about 1 line of changes from the previous
> >> James
> >>
> >> Great, please let me know (here or the forum) if you find any issues and
> > I'll update to forum post to make corrections.
> >
> > I'm testing an ansible based version on a clean VM (no installed ports)
> > currently (few calls to macports, git clone and call to ansible for all
> of
> > the necessary ports). Once I get it worked out, I'll post that version
> on
> > the forum to a new topic in case it can help you and others (hopefully
> > tonight).
>
> First the mail list rejected my reply as too big
> so I sent http://tigger.ws/downloads/mail with the reject mail which did
> not make it.
> Tries again
> James

Here's the forum post with modified "script" to use ansible. I just
verified this works on a clean Catalina (10.4.1) Install with Xcode 11.4.1
Re: mythtv-users Digest, Vol 206, Issue 23 [ In reply to ]

> Here's the forum post with modified "script" to use ansible. I just
> verified this works on a clean Catalina (10.4.1) Install with Xcode 11.4.1

...it helps to paste in the link...

https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=3800
Re: mythtv-users Digest, Vol 206, Issue 23 [ In reply to ]
On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 8:20 PM John Hoyt <john.hoyt@gmail.com> wrote:

> Here's the forum post with modified "script" to use ansible. I just
>> verified this works on a clean Catalina (10.4.1) Install with Xcode 11.4.1
>>

> ...it helps to paste in the link...
>
> https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=3800

Ok, looking at your config file, the two things that jump out are you are
using an older version of qt :

Qt installed version 5.14.1

try running "sudo port selfupdate && sudo port upgrade outdated" to see if
that updates qt for you.

I'd also be curious what your configure looks like if you use the new
ansible based "script". I believe ansible should give us more consistent
results at configure.

BTW, I usually don't run the script outwrite, but instead copy and paste
commands into the terminal.