Mailing List Archive

Newbie having problem with mythfilldatabase
First of all everyone needs to know I'm a newbie to linux. I have installed
Redhat 9 and followed Jarod's install guide the best I can. I have a
PVR-250 and that seems to be working good. When I run the mythfilldatabase
I get the following error repeatedly.

----------------------------------------Start of XMLTV output
---------------------------------------

parameterless "use IO" deprecated at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/XMLWriter.pm line 16

using config file /root/.mythtv/Cox.xmltv

/usr/bin/tv_brab_na: Config file /root/.mythtv/Cox.xmltv does not exist, run
me with -configure

------------------------------------------End of XMLTV
output---------------------------------------

Error in 1:1: unexpected end of file

Fetching data for Wed Aug 20 2003

Any help would be great. I've been working on this for several days now and
I am getting frustrated.

Thanks

Troy Schneider
Re: Newbie having problem with mythfilldatabase [ In reply to ]
--- Troy Schneider <troy@schneiderfam.net> wrote:
> First of all everyone needs to know I'm a newbie to
> linux. I have installed
> Redhat 9 and followed Jarod's install guide the best
> I can. I have a
> PVR-250 and that seems to be working good. When I
> run the mythfilldatabase
> I get the following error repeatedly.
>

> ----------------------------------------Start of
> XMLTV output
> ---------------------------------------
>
> parameterless "use IO" deprecated at
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/XMLWriter.pm line 16
>
> using config file /root/.mythtv/Cox.xmltv
>
> /usr/bin/tv_brab_na: Config file
> /root/.mythtv/Cox.xmltv does not exist, run
> me with -configure
>
> ------------------------------------------End of
> XMLTV
> output---------------------------------------
>
> Error in 1:1: unexpected end of file
>
> Fetching data for Wed Aug 20 2003

What are the versions of MythTV, XMLTV and the perl
modules (XML::Writer and the others) that MythTV
needs? Make sure XMLTV in particular is up to the
latest stable (0.5.14, or something like that).
That's one place to start.

Also, I'm not sure why it's looking for
/root/.mythtv/Cox.xmltv, mine reads
/root/.mythtv/tv.xmltv. You can check to make sure
that file is there and is readable:

# ls -l /root/.mythtv/Cox.xmltv).

hope that helps.

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
Re: Newbie having problem with mythfilldatabase [ In reply to ]
Let me know if you find a fix. I have the same exact problem and it is
very irritating.
Colin

Re: Newbie having problem with mythfilldatabase [ In reply to ]
> > parameterless b
> > /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/XMLWriter.pm line 16
> >
> > using config file /root/.mythtv/Cox.xmltv
> >
> > /usr/bin/tv_brab_na: Config file /root/.mythtv/Cox.xmltv does not
> > exist, run me with b

are you running mythfilldatabase as root? try that and see if it works...
you might need to change the permissions on the file?

have you tried running ./setup again to redo the cable provider? i've
gotten that when error when i was manually changing around xmltv stuff and
deleted the old one... if you wanna clean it out, go to the database and
delete that particular input but keep the others

-dane
Re: Newbie having problem with mythfilldatabase [ In reply to ]
No running it as root makes no difference. I have the same problem and I
tried that an hour ago. Now interestingly I just tried running
tv_grab_na --config --debug which seemed to have worked; because then I
ran just normal tv_grab_na and it got some program information, I do not
know how much because i outputs as some sort of hard to read
information. tv_grab_na did not worked until I ran it with --configure
--debug. But even after it debugged itself it still gives me the
parameterless error. Also, tv_grab_na even if it works does not do
anything for mythtv's program guide unless it is run through
mythfilldatabase, which is very unfourtunate. If anyone has any other
ideas please let me know.
Thanks,
Colin