Mailing List Archive

Are tjhere any newbie users list for mythtv
if there are please send me the link... here unless you are pretty advanced you will never get replies

re: Are tjhere any newbie users list for mythtv [ In reply to ]
> here unless you are pretty advanced you will never get replies

I was a mythtv newbie recently (and still am fairly ignorant), and people
have been answering my questions.

I looked back at your previous unanswered message
(http://www.gossamer-threads.com/perl/mailarc/gforum.cgi?post=74873;search_string=;guest=976607&t=search_engine#74873)
about what hardware to use. I think people are more likely to reply to a
posting if:
- it asks a narrow question (e.g., what is the minimum speed processor)
- it doesn't require the reader to do background information offsite (for
the specs of the systems you proposed)
- it is clear that the sender did his homework

I bet if you post a message saying that you've read through the hardware
HOWTO (http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-3.html#ss3.1), the material at