Mailing List Archive

Newbie dumb question re Pundit and Broadcom netcard
I have followed religiously the install Jarod for the Pundit & RH9.

Things were going well, I had the net card working, I then did the
recommended Kernel update kernel-2.4.20-19.9.3.at.i386 ... But now my
card has stopped working? Please be patient with me, I am relatively new
to Linux. Do I have to run the rpmbuild again as it's a new kernel?

Regards Paul.
Re: Newbie dumb question re Pundit and Broadcom netcard [ In reply to ]
On Thursday, Paul wrote:

> I have followed religiously the install Jarod for the Pundit & RH9.
>
> Things were going well, I had the net card working, I then did the
> recommended Kernel update kernel-2.4.20-19.9.3.at.i386 … But now my
> card has stopped working? Please be patient with me, I am relatively
> new to Linux. Do I have to run the rpmbuild again as it's a new
> kernel?

I thought that was mentioned in the guide... Just doubled-checked,
here's the line from the guide:

NOTE: if you use an ATrpms kernel, you may have to rebuild the driver
against the ATrpms kernel after you have it up and running. Simply rpm
-e the already installed driver, then rebuild and install the new
binary package.

So yes, you do have to run rpmbuild again with the new kernel. Your
religion isn't 100% devout! :) I'll try to make that clearer in the
next revision (it was in the initial section on the Broadcom driver,
but not mentioned in the kernel update section).
--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
<jcw@wilsonet.com>