suppose I could leave the system like it is and change to the VCR input
whenever I need to access the mythtv, but that seems to defeat the purpose
of onscreen channel guides, etc.
Re: Remote? [ In reply to ]
It depends on what cards you have in your MythTV PC.
A lot of the "bttv" capture cards (software) come with
a remote that can be used with LIRC. As far as I
know, the Hauppauge hardware MPEG cards also come with
remotes.

I bought a software card without a remote a while ago,
so I'm using at ATI Remote Wonder that came with my
AIW 9700. It works well, although sometimes the
buttons don't respond (but I think that's either I'm
not pressing hard enough, or my MythTV's poor CPU is
overloaded).

-- Joe

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
RE: Remote? [ In reply to ]
I had no problems at all getting lirc to both send and receive. Everything just worked for me, althouhg I think I'm running the CVS version of lirc, which may make a difference ;)

Daniel