TV Provider other than whats listed
Hi All,

I am moving back into the dorms next week, and they use a modified Satelite
signal to all of the rooms. Therefore, I can't select the University
station.

What can I do to get myth working with this setup? Anyone have any hints?

Also... to complicate things, some of the channels are on east coast time,
some are on west coast time... :(

Re: TV Provider other than whats listed [ In reply to ]
Shawn Jackson wrote:

> Hi All,
Hi!

> I am moving back into the dorms next week, and they use a modified
Satelite
> signal to all of the rooms. Therefore, I can't select the University
> station.
Explain more please. Analog or Digital?

You seem to know that you can't select the channel? Why?

> What can I do to get myth working with this setup? Anyone have any hints?
Do you have the hardware? If so, would you be so kind to list it?

> Also... to complicate things, some of the channels are on east coast time,
> some are on west coast time... :(
Have not had much experience whith this, but I would have thought that
timezones would take care of this.

If not, downloading the Guide from different sources (with local time
would).

Kenneth

Re:TV Provider other than whats listed [ In reply to ]
Thanks for the quick reply... I will attempt to refine a wee bit.

It is an analog signal. The university has a reciever in the basement for
every single channel and then wires it analog to every single room in the
dorm.

I currently have myth working at home perfectly (pvr-250 system / xp 2100+ /
160gb) and like it wonderfully.

As for the time zone issues, I think I have got that all set up so no
worries. I just need to know how I can completely customize a channel
lineup and still have program guide info.

thanks again!

RE: Re:TV Provider other than whats listed [ In reply to ]

My guess is you'll have to write a script or program to grab the individual
channels from the disparate sources the university gets them from, then
tweak all the entries to adjust for your timezone, and finally run
'mythfilldatabase --file' on the result.

-JAC

Re: TV Provider other than whats listed [ In reply to ]
Hi Shawn,

or you could simply set TimeOffset to 'Auto' and let mythfilldatabase do
all the work. This setting will recalculate all program times to match
your local timezone.

Bye, Stefan

--
It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God.
It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.

-- Thomas Jefferson