using? or is there another one? Have you had any problems with it? How far
is it from the IR device you are using it to control? Does anyone have any
pictures of their homebrew IR blaster? or someone elses? I wanted to see
what you guys used for casing, or the board layout. Also is there any other
pages with a little more information about it? i.e part numbers or companies
or what not. The only one i'm not sure about is the IR diodes i've never
used them before.
-Thanks Jon

Re: IR blaster ( homebrew ) [ In reply to ]
> [...] part numbers or companies or what not. The
only
> one i'm not sure about is the IR diodes i've
> never used them before.

I'm working on this as well. I was going to try
Blars' lirc [ http://www.blars.org/blarslirc/ ] and
the "improved" one from lirc.org.

Parts: I just ordered lots of parts from newark.com
(list below). I didn't order the IR LED, board and the
serial conn. b/c I had them. I also ordered extra b/c
the part are cheap and I tend to just throw things
together and figure it out as I go. I had the IR
LED's from R. Shack (#276-143) -- I hope they work.
If anyone thinks I'll have a problem with these, let
me know.

layout: I'll post the layout when(if) I get it right
but it might be a week or two.

hope that helps.

==== newark.com ====
part# (quant) part