Is there any onboard audio that can do 5.1?

Is the nForce chipset fully supported?

BMS
Re: on board audio [ In reply to ]
On Thursday 31 July 2003 19:00, Brett_M_Spooner@raytheon.com wrote:
> Is there an on board audio chip that everyone knows works well w/ MythTV?
>
> Is there any onboard audio that can do 5.1?
>
> Is the nForce chipset fully supported?

Probably not directly related to MythTV itself, but I'm using an nForce2 board
with no problems, using the binary drivers supplied by Nvidia, and both
network and audio seems to be working without any problems. I can not really
verify if 5.1 audio is supported, but from the hardware specs I think it is.

Marius Kjeldahl

RE: on board audio [ In reply to ]

Using an nForce 1 board (Asus A7N266M), using ALSA (i.e. not the nVidia
nvaudio driver) I successfully got full duplex running fine with my
original non-btaudio capable card. Now I have two SAA7134 boards which
capture over the PCI bus.

Never tried the 5.1 or digital out stuff, so I can't comment, although I
will probably at some stage try it now that I don't require the full
duplex anymore.

CH