Mailing List Archive

Pinnacle PCTV (not pro) and Mandrake 9.1
I seem to have got through the HOWTO and am stuck on the remote setup
section. I am running Mandrake 9.1 and have the Pinnacle PCTV (not pro)
remote which is serial on COM1. I need some help and guidance. Here is
what I have done:

# urpmi lirc lirc-remotes
Everything already installed

I edit contrib/mandrake91.etc.sysconfig.lircd with:
DRIVER=pinsys
HWMOD=serial
DEVICE=/dev/lirc
COM_PORT=/dev/ttyS0
DRIVER_OPTS="irq=4 io=0x3f8"

and created the symlink (since I assumed I don't have devfs (how can I
check for devfs?)

# /etc/rc.d/init.d/lircd start

Then it gives me this error:

Starting Linux Infrared Remote Control daemon:Driver 'UNCONFIGURED' not
supported.
Supported drivers:
default
creative
etc.

What have I done wrong? Is the Pinnacle PCTV (non-pro version) not
supported? Do I need to run the ./setup.sh command which I was directed
to skip over? Do I need to put the
contrib/mandrake91.etc.sysconfig.lircd file somewhere else?
Please?...help

--
http://www.fastmail.fm - Consolidate POP email and Hotmail in one place