Mailing List Archive

Green screen AGAIN
I had the green screen happen to me when I set the recording resolution to
something that mythTV didn't like. (540 even). I found that if I set it to
544 the green screen was replaced with the signal. I still got audio, just
no video.

I'm not sure if this is your problem, but it's something to check.

Rich

Re: Green screen AGAIN [ In reply to ]
I haven't changed the resolution from 480x480, which is where it's been
working fine for a couple of weeks.

I have a vague notion that it's permissions somewhere, but haven't found
it yet.

Re: Green screen AGAIN [ In reply to ]
Last night I wiped the database and channel listings, and reran
mythfilldatabase. It's back working again.
I sure wish I knew what was corrupting the database. Does anyone else
have this problem with power
outages?

Re: Green screen AGAIN [ In reply to ]
You might try a UPS, I am pretty sure you can get your MythTV machine to
shut down cleanly in the event of a power outage with one. I've been
meaning to get one for a while. During bad storms I seem to lose power
(for a short amount of time) almost every time. One time my MythTV
machine didn't boot back up when I hit reset and I almost had a hard
attack... Thankfully it did come back with a hard reset.