Mailing List Archive

Saving Power (OT)
Hi!

I have noticed that alot of people are running MythTV with Asus A7V8X-X
mobos (relatively alot) and that alot of people seem to be running Mandrake
9.1 and that, from a recent spate of postings, alot of people seem to be
trying (succeeding?) in using the Athlon Powersaving HOWTO to reduce power
usage. I note these facts because they all apply to me.

My question is this (and please excuse me if it is overly simplified): I
have tried to follow the directions in the HOWTO and glean some info from
the postings herein, but cannot see any positive result. If I have loaded
the lm_sensors RPM and done the suggested setpci commands from the HOWTO and
have enabled ACPI in MDK9.1 (setting apci=on), what should I see? Have I
done all that is required? Any help/suggestions would be greatly
appreciated (as long as they are anatomically achievable). TIA!!

-- Harry Orenstein (poor dumb user)