is too slow for even that level.

Thx
Mark

Re: Mythweather aggressiveness too low even at 15 [ In reply to ]
> How do I set aggressiveness to a number higher than 15? apparently, my
> connection
> is too slow for even that level.

Same here, it rarely if ever works the first 2-3 tries

Re: Mythweather aggressiveness too low even at 15 [ In reply to ]
MegaDeTH wrote:
>> How do I set aggressiveness to a number higher than 15? apparently,
>> my connection is too slow for even that level.
>
> Same here, it rarely if ever works the first 2-3 tries

I've been seeing the same behavior for a few weeks now. It got to the
point where I'd have to refresh about 7 or 8 times before it'd finally
grab the info. Today it just never did, even after about 20 refreshes.
I thought perhaps it was just me, but perhaps not. Perhaps it's a
problem with the source web page?

Re: Mythweather aggressiveness too low even at 15 [ In reply to ]
> >> How do I set aggressiveness to a number higher than 15? apparently,
> >> my connection is too slow for even that level.
> >
> > Same here, it rarely if ever works the first 2-3 tries
> >

> I've been seeing the same behavior for a few weeks now. It got to the
> point where I'd have to refresh about 7 or 8 times before it'd finally
> grab the info. Today it just never did, even after about 20 refreshes.
> I thought perhaps it was just me, but perhaps not. Perhaps it's a
> problem with the source web page?

See my most recent thoughts on the matter near the end of this thread:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/perl/mailarc/gforum.cgi?post=71040

which also references this thread:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/perl/mailarc/gforum.cgi?post=63050

Change the usleep line and I'll bet it will work properly and probably with
a relatively low aggressiveness setting too. With the usleep mod,
mythweather works fine for me over a 56k dialup even while sharing the
bandwidth 50:50 with a FTP client.

I believe my fix is correct although it hasn't been applied. I just mod my
source myself if it ever changes.

CH

Re: Mythweather aggressiveness too low even at 15 [ In reply to ]
Yea, about 80% of the time, when I go into mythweather, it tells me "3
attempts failed, waiting 5 minutes". I've got a cable connection, so I
wonder where the problem is coming in at?

--
Brian

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003, mark wrote:

>How do I set aggressiveness to a number higher than 15? apparently, my
>connection
>is too slow for even that level.
>
>Thx
>Mark

Brian Hayward

Re: Mythweather aggressiveness too low even at 15 [ In reply to ]
On Monday 21 July 2003 09:28 am, Christian Hack wrote:
> I believe my fix is correct although it hasn't been applied. I just mod my
> source myself if it ever changes.

It's in CVS since yesterday, I believe.

Isaac
Re: Mythweather aggressiveness too low even at 15 [ In reply to ]