Mailing List Archive

Re: PVR-250 Brightness Color Contrast reset whenchanging channels
On Monday 07 July 2003 08:33 pm, Will Dormann wrote:
> So what's the best option for me here? This is what I can come up with
> off the top of my head:
> 1) Go to one channel and adjust the settings to my liking.
> 2) Look at the channel table in the mythconverg database and find out what
> the brightness, color, and contrast settings are.
> 3) Use a SQL command to update all channels to have those same settings.
>
> Does that sound right, or is there an easier way?

That's probably the easiest way -- you could also mess around with the
settings using test_ioctl with one channel, then transfer those to the
database for all the channel entries at once with those values. The db
stores all the picture controls as values from 0 - 65535, so you'd have to
translate the ivtv's ranges into that range (ie, what mythtv does internally)
to stick em in the db. Just be something like:

update channel set brightness=32768;

from the mysql command line client, assuming you only have the one pvr card
and you want to change all the brightness settings for all channels. I'll
see about adding a 'Set all channels like this' button once I get around to
making a better OSD menu for all these controls.

Isaac
Re: PVR-250 Brightness Color Contrast reset whenchanging channels [ In reply to ]
I've got a PVR250 and am running 0.10, but brightness, contrast,
tint, etc, controls seem locked in the OSD. Hitting the appropriate
function keys brings up the floater, but the value for each of these
settings comes up as "-1%" and won't be changed. I could set them manually
using test_ioctl, I suppose... are these deliberately locked, and I should
be using a CVS version?

Adam

--
Professionals tend to fire on the same synapses all the time ... I think it's
crucial that you enjoy yourself along the way. I was encouraged to read that