Mailing List Archive

half-height (low profile) TV capture cards
I just got my Metis 266 case... It (and several other "slim PC" cases I
looked at by various manufacturers) requires "half-height" pci cards.... I
did a google search and found a lot of cards for IO (modems, NICs, etc) but
few TV capture.

I found a card made by Lifeview Flyview 3100 or 2100 that is half height,
but I'm unsure of its support in drivers required by MythTV (I know that a
different card by the same manufacturer was mentioned as supported on the
BTTV page--but this model card uses a Philips SAA7133 and SAA7134 chipset.

I'm in no way set on this card, its just one I happened to find.

Also, some cards are "half height capable" because they are low profile--do
these cards come with a different half height metal piece (the thing you
screw to the case) to switch, or whats the story there?

I also found some references to a half height MSI TV@nywhere card....
THough, looking at actual specs I don't really see half height mentioned
anywhere its sold?

I'm sure someone out there is using a half height tv cap card?? Any
suggestions?

-Dane