horrendous. Even apart from just scaling back the resolution, it would
be very cool to be able to, say, tell it to use the last monitor of the
3, (or, since my vid. res. is 3840x1024, set the resolution to
1280x1024, and to start position to 2560, ie. display on the 3rd
monitor).

Even if this is not possible, stopping it from spreading across all 3
monitors would be a Good Thing (tm).

PreZ :)
Re: Woah there, little doggie ... [ In reply to ]
Preston A. Elder wrote:

>I run MythTV on a multi-headed system.
>
>Is there a way to reign in how many monitors it tries to spread itself
>over (ie. force the resolution it tries to use)?
>
>By default, it spreads itself over all 3 monitors, and looks
>horrendous. Even apart from just scaling back the resolution, it would
>be very cool to be able to, say, tell it to use the last monitor of the
>3, (or, since my vid. res. is 3840x1024, set the resolution to
>1280x1024, and to start position to 2560, ie. display on the 3rd
>monitor).
>
>Even if this is not possible, stopping it from spreading across all 3
>monitors would be a Good Thing (tm).
>
>PreZ :)

Same problem here, but worse. It scales to the width of my two xinerama
display, but roots itself on the rightmost one, so I can't even see half
the UI.

-Tupshin
Re: Woah there, little doggie ... [ In reply to ]
I run Myth on a dual screen setup, works perfectly with my setup.

I have noticed that there is a Xinerama option in the setup, but I've
never used it.

I don't use Xinerama, I prefer two distinct desktops with the same
keyboard/mouse. (You can set this up by not enabling Xinerama but having
both monitors etc defined in your XF config file.)

I'm actually planning on splitting it even further and running an X
server for each head, that way the TV one is auto logged in and not
affected by the "workstation" head.

:D

Re: Woah there, little doggie ... [ In reply to ]
Preston A. Elder wrote:
> I run MythTV on a multi-headed system.
>
> Is there a way to reign in how many monitors it tries to spread itself
> over (ie. force the resolution it tries to use)?
>
> By default, it spreads itself over all 3 monitors, and looks
> horrendous. Even apart from just scaling back the resolution, it would
> be very cool to be able to, say, tell it to use the last monitor of the
> 3, (or, since my vid. res. is 3840x1024, set the resolution to
> 1280x1024, and to start position to 2560, ie. display on the 3rd
> monitor).
>
> Even if this is not possible, stopping it from spreading across all 3
> monitors would be a Good Thing (tm).

There is a setting for "Xinerama screen:" which is now under
Setup->Appearance. I know this used to work but I don't have
a multi-head setup to test this. Try setting this and see if
it works for you.

-- bjm
Re: Woah there, little doggie ... [ In reply to ]
Drew Whittle wrote:

>I run Myth on a dual screen setup, works perfectly with my setup.
>
>I have noticed that there is a Xinerama option in the setup, but I've
>never used it.
>
>I don't use Xinerama, I prefer two distinct desktops with the same
>keyboard/mouse. (You can set this up by not enabling Xinerama but having
>both monitors etc defined in your XF config file.)
>
>I'm actually planning on splitting it even further and running an X
>server for each head, that way the TV one is auto logged in and not
>affected by the "workstation" head.
>
>:D

Yeah...I'm well aware of how to do it in those two ways. For me, though,
a single managed desktop across two screens is the way to go.

-Tupshin