Myth music seems to lock up when playing music for several seconds ( music
is still playing ) but the UI freezes ( buttons can't be pressed and music
elapsed time stops ) ...

Running CVS version (as from yesterday) on a Celeron 2ghz / 512 DDR ram /
slightly slow disk / RH 9.0 disti ...

any ideas where to look?

thanks
Mark
Re: Mythmusic performance ... [ In reply to ]
Sounds similar to the problem where you had to edit mainvisual.cpp and
playbackbox.cpp

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/perl/mailarc/gforum.cgi?post=63101

Although, I thought this problem was supposed to be resolved in the CVS
version

I did experience a similar problem that was solved be the edit, but I'm
not running the CVS version, so this may not be applicable

Matt

Re: Mythmusic performance ... [ In reply to ]
On Friday 06 June 2003 10:39 pm, Mark Blair wrote:
> Myth music seems to lock up when playing music for several seconds ( music
> is still playing ) but the UI freezes ( buttons can't be pressed and music
> elapsed time stops ) ...

Could you build for debugging, run it in gdb, hit Ctrl-C at some point where
it's being unresponsive, and generate a backtrace. Instructions for this are
here:

- thor