Mailing List Archive

PVR-250/350 and sound
Hi mythTV users.

In the "Hardware requirement" page I found following:

NOTE: The PVR-250/350 does not require a sound card for audio capture.

Does it mean, PC may not have sound capabilities at all, and will use
sound system on 250/350 card?

Thanks.

Gennady Yakubovich

Software Engineer

CISCO SYSTEMS

32 HaMelacha st.,

P.O.Box 8735 I.Z. Sapir

S.Netanya 42504 Israel

Phone: +972-9-8927349

Fax : +972-9-8857804
Re: PVR-250/350 and sound [ In reply to ]
Gennady Yakubovich wrote:

> In the “Hardware requirement” page I found following:
>
> * NOTE *: The PVR-250/350 does not require a sound card for audio capture.
>
> Does it mean, PC may not have sound capabilities at all, and will use
> sound system on 250/350 card?

Right. For recording ("capture"). You still need a sound card for playback.
RE: PVR-250/350 and sound [ In reply to ]

Right. But, if you're using a separate frontend/backend setup, you only
need a sound card in (each) frontend.

-JAC