Phone: (760) 747-5632
WebSite: www.controlsoftcorp.com
E-mail: sjf@controlsoftcorp.com

Re:Anybody gotten LIRC to work with WinTV-PVR250? [ In reply to ]
Did you add this line to your /etc/modules.conf?

alias char-major-61 lirc_i2c

add that line if you didn't
then run
#modprobe lirc_i2c

it should load and then try running irw

it should work providing you installed /etc/lircd.conf for your remote.

There's a better .lircrc file if you search the archive for pvr250 and
lircrc
This link should get you there too.
The post is quite long but gives really detailed info for RedHat 9 and
the pvr250 including setting up the remote.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/perl/mailarc/
gforum.cgi?post=63083;search_string=lircrc;guest=565950&t=search_engine#
63083
Re: Anybody gotten LIRC to work with WinTV-PVR250? [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday 03 June 2003 7:14 pm, Steven J. Finnegan wrote:
> I am not getting anything from the IRW program.
>
> I selected the "Hauppauge TV Card (new I2C layer required)" as the driver,
> and installed the 'lirc_i2c.o' module.
>
> Any tricks or hints would be appreciated.

I have a PVR-350. One must use the CVS version of the LIRC software. The
latest released version does not work.

Andy

--
Andy Stewart, Founder
Worcester Linux Users' Group
RE: Anybody gotten LIRC to work with WinTV-PVR250? [ In reply to ]