Mailing List Archive

CVS -- trouble compiling all of the sudden
I was troubleshooting a problem that I was seeing while trying to run
MythTV for the first time (after getting most of the installation
completed). I would click on "Watch TV" (mythfrontend) and it would
freeze - unuseable after that. I'm running the PVR-250 and the drivers
are installed (installed and tested with ivtv). I have it configured
with Hardware Encoding (from Myth's Setup). This was problem number 1
(if anyone can help, that would be great!)

Now for problem 2 (most important)...... I decided to recompile in
debug mode to see what's going on. Stupidly I tried to make a second
installation on the same machine and the compile failed. I then tried
the compile on my original installation after changing the settings.pro
to DEBUG (all of this after doing a "make clean distclean"). It failed.

The error follows (end of the make output), please let me know if you
can help... Thanks in advance. Very excited to get this up and
running!!!

make[1]: Entering directory
`/home/aperry/Documents/myth-cvs/mythtv/setup'
g++ -c -pipe -Wall -W -O3 -march=pentiumpro
-fomit-frame-pointer -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64
-DPREFIX=\"/usr/local\" -DMMX -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT
-I/usr/lib/qt3/mkspecs/default -I. -I../libs -I/usr/local/include
-I/usr/lib/qt3/include -o main.o main.cpp In file included from
/usr/include/linux/videodev2.h:16,
from
/usr/include/linux/videodev.h:14,
from main.cpp:15:
/usr/include/linux/time.h:9: redefinition of `struct
timespec'
/usr/include/time.h:119: previous definition of
`struct timespec'
/usr/include/linux/time.h:88: redefinition of `struct
timeval'
/usr/include/bits/time.h:68: previous definition of
`struct timeval'
/usr/include/linux/time.h:119: redefinition of `struct itimerspec'
/usr/include/time.h:160: previous definition of
`struct itimerspec'
make[1]: *** [main.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/aperry/Documents/myth-cvs/mythtv/setup'
make: *** [sub-setup] Error 2
Re: CVS -- trouble compiling all of the sudden [ In reply to ]
On Saturday 31 May 2003 10:36 pm, Perry, Aaron wrote:
> I was troubleshooting a problem that I was seeing while trying to run
> MythTV for the first time (after getting most of the installation
> completed). I would click on "Watch TV" (mythfrontend) and it would
> freeze - unuseable after that. I'm running the PVR-250 and the drivers
> are installed (installed and tested with ivtv). I have it configured
> with Hardware Encoding (from Myth's Setup). This was problem number 1
> (if anyone can help, that would be great!)

Could be something holding onto the /dev/dsp device, or could be the ivtv
driver acting up like it does sometimes. Any error messages from the
backend/frontend?

> Now for problem 2 (most important)...... I decided to recompile in
> debug mode to see what's going on. Stupidly I tried to make a second
> installation on the same machine and the compile failed. I then tried
> the compile on my original installation after changing the settings.pro
> to DEBUG (all of this after doing a "make clean distclean"). It failed.

Fixed in CVS.

Isaac