Anybody have any thoughts, or know of any decent step by step guides for
mandrake? I'm going nuts here as my home brewed receiver works perfectly but
trying to get the software to work is a different story.

Re: lirc, what a nightmare to setup [ In reply to ]
At 03:44 PM 5/24/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>If anybody can offer some guideance for installing and setting up lirc in
>Mandrake, it would be much appreciated. The docs for myth do not cover
>setting up the actual device ie where do I setup the com port for lirc?
>I'm also not sure what irq, port or address it is on, nor in which place
>to set this. I have tried installing lirc manually and set it up in that
>configuration, as well as in the /etc/sysconfig/lircd, and
>/etc/modules.conf. Help...

Wish I could help but I'm not familiar enough with things... Umm... have
you tried the lirc mailing list?

-Jeff
Re: lirc, what a nightmare to setup [ In reply to ]
I might do that. I think I know what the problem is, and if anybody could
post their /etc/sysconfig/lircd file that would be great, I think mine is
all messed up.

Basicaly the problem is that with the way I have the settings in
/etc/sysconfig/lircd right now, I receive some weird errors when starting
lirc like too many irq's. But then when I go mode2 it will work fine, other
times when I don't receive that error nothing will come through on mode2. So
I think I dont have that file setup right. So when I try "IRW" or "IRXEVENT"
it will kill the lirc process, as a status on lirc reveals "lirc dead but
subsys locked".

RE: lirc, what a nightmare to setup [ In reply to ]
Wow, I was right, I actually commented a bunch of stuff in the file, and ran
lirc, and now IRW, irxevent and myth work perfectly cool. I just have to
figure out how to map the right keys to mythtv, thx

RE: lirc, what a nightmare to setup [ In reply to ]
I found using the rpm for lirc is one big nightmare.
I have tried using it under Mandrake 9 and 9.1, and found compiling from
source was the easiest.

RE: lirc, what a nightmare to setup [ In reply to ]
RE: lirc, what a nightmare to setup [ In reply to ]
Speaking of the contrib directory, according to the docs on the website,
isn't there supposed to be a sample modules.conf file for use with
btaudio in there?

I've been trying to get it to work for the better part of an hour now,
and the closest I can get is either seeing the screen through mythtv
without sound, or exiting the "watch tv" module and running "sox -r
32000 -t ossdsp /dev/dsp2 -t ossdsp /dev/dsp1" from the command line to
hear just the audio...

I think I've muted/unmuted pretty much everything there is on this
box...

Onboard SIS7012 (/dev/dsp symlinked to /dev/dsp0, which I don't want to
use)
CMI-8738 (/dev/dsp1, which I *do* want to use, at least for now!)
Hauppauge WinTV dbx401 (with btaudio works out to /dev/dsp[2,3])

-I

On Sat, 2003-05-24 at 18:00, Robert Kulagowski wrote:

Ian Forde, RHCE, CCSE, SCNA, SCDME
CYTBeN, Inc.
ian@duckland.org / ian@cytben.com
RE: lirc, what a nightmare to setup [ In reply to ]
Never mind! I just figured out that after changing the capture device
entries in mythtvsetup, I had to restart mythbackend before testing it
out. (That little tidbit of information cost me a couple of hours of
troubleshooting...)

-I