Mailing List Archive

the cheap box and the uber box
Hi!

So this is a question regarding various paths to take
while building a mythTV box.

What hardware combination would make a good, cheap, but
AV-looking mythTV box. Emphasis on the cheap as this is
something I'd like to build and give to all my
techno-illiterate relatives.

Now the other direction. What specific hardware makes for
a great uber mythTV box? Specifically, I _want_ to be
doing my own compression, and I want to have the cycles to
run two or more encodings with a decode simultaneously...
Along with other apps... and to be able to do mythTV
development...

The more responses the better. I'll take the responses
and build a web page summarizing the results, and I
promise to pipe it through a spell checker. Feel free to
send me links if this has already been discussed to
death... I didn't find it in a search. :-)

Search in your Language
http://euroseek.com

UK, Germany, France, Italy, Denmark, Spain, Sweden