Has anyone ever experienced this effect? I am using alsa 0.9.3c, but
don't know about the mplayer version right now.

Ralf
RE: mplayer hangs system when playing recording [ In reply to ]
Why are you using mplayer to play Myth recordings?

Re: mplayer hangs system when playing recording [ In reply to ]
I used mplayer for testing purposes since my machine is quite old. I
think the machine hangs too when I use the player build-in to myth. I
have to check later.

Ralf

Re: mplayer hangs system when playing recording [ In reply to ]
When playing the recording with myth's player I get no sound. However,
it does not hang the system.

Ralf

Re: mplayer hangs system when playing recording [ In reply to ]
Please disregard my last posting. After some testing I noticed that
myth's player plays sound, my system however is too slow, so I have lots
of dropouts. Even worse my system hangs too.

Ralf