Mailing List Archive

module compile error: ld cannot find -lmyth-0.9
I recompiled mythtv lastnight and when I went to recompile my modules
(both mythweather and mythmusic) I get:

make[1]: Entering directory
`/usr/local/src/mythcvs/mythweather/mythweather'
g++ -o mythweather main.o weather.o weathercomms.o moc_weather.o
moc_weathercomms.o -L/usr/lib/qt3-gcc3.2/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib
-L/usr/local/lib -lmyth-0.9 -lqt-mt -lpthread -lXext -lX11 -lm
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lmyth-0.9
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [mythweather] Error 1

I had this same problem before and it took me weeks to figure out, and now I don't remember. I think I either renamed
or symbolicly linked something. I have tried everthing I could remember
with no luck.

myth is working fine and I see libmyth-0.9.so.0 -> libmyth-0.9.so.0.9.0
in /usr/local/lib

I have searched this list for clues and found nothing.

Any advice would be appreacted.

Thanks Kyle Bowerman
Re: module compile error: ld cannot find -lmyth-0.9 [ In reply to ]
Kyle,

Is this your posting:
http://pvrhw.goldfish.org/tiki-view_pvrent.php?systemid=Kyle%20Bowerman

If so, could you clue me in on how you got your PixelView card to work in
Linux?

thanks.
-Josh

Re: module compile error: ld cannot find -lmyth-0.9 [ In reply to ]
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lmyth-0.9

Run ldconfig

-jim
RE: PixelView PlayTV PVR, anyone able to get this to work? [ In reply to ]
The post you linked shows a PixelView Play TV Pro card (model #PV-BT878P+),
which lists a Conexant BT878 chipset on the spec sheet. The model number in
your previous post (PV-CX883PL+) indicates you have a PixelView Play TV PVR
card. These are not the same; they use different chipsets. If you look at
the spec sheet on the ProLink USA website
(http://www.prolink-usa.com/english/product/tv-cx883p+.html), you'll see it
lists a Conexant CX23883 chipset for your card. This chipset is not yet
supported under Linux. I'd advise getting a different card.

-JAC

Re: PixelView PlayTV PVR, anyone able to get this to work? [ In reply to ]
yep, I'm a newb.... I realized based on posts and other documentation that
bttv is not for conexant chipsets.... I found a site from a guy who is
working on some conexant drivers, but I'm not sure how to get them
installed.

thanks for helping me realize that I need to do more research before
posting...

-Josh