Mailing List Archive

channel changing problems
All,

I think i have successfully installed mythtv but i still can't switch
channels. The TV window always shows the latest tuned channel
I have imported the channel data from my ~.xawtv file with the command
: mythfilldatabase --xawchannels /dev/video0 /root/.xawtv
The database looks like this :

mysql> Select * from channel;
+--------+---------+----------+---------------------+---------------------+-------------------------------------+----------+--------------+---------------------+----------+------------+--------+
| chanid | channum | sourceid | callsign | name
| icon | finetune | videofilters |
xmltvid | contrast | brightness | colour |
+--------+---------+----------+---------------------+---------------------+-------------------------------------+----------+--------------+---------------------+----------+------------+--------+
| 24 | 24 | 0 | TV1 | TV1
| /root/.mythtv/channels/TV1.gif | 0 | NULL | TV1
| 32768 | 32768 | 32768 |
| 39 | 39 | 0 | Ketnet | Ketnet
| /root/.mythtv/channels/Ketnet.gif | 0 | NULL |
Ketnet | 32768 | 32768 | 32768 |
| 40 | 39 | 0 | Canvas | Canvas
| /root/.mythtv/channels/Canvas.gif | 0 | NULL |
Canvas | 32768 | 32768 | 32768 |
| 22 | 22 | 0 | VTM | VTM
| /root/.mythtv/channels/VTM.gif | 0 | NULL | VTM
| 32768 | 32768 | 32768 |
| 23 | 23 | 0 | Kanaal2 | Kanaal2
| /root/.mythtv/channels/Kanaal2.gif | 0 | NULL |
Kanaal2 | 32768 | 32768 | 32768 |
| 0 | SE13 | 0 | VT4 | VT4
| /root/.mythtv/channels/VT4.gif | 0 | NULL | VT4
| 32768 | 32768 | 32768 |
| 1 | E9 | 0 | Ned1 | Ned1
| /root/.mythtv/channels/Ned1.gif | 0 | NULL |
Ned1 | 32768 | 32768 | 32768 |
| 2 | E11 | 0 | Ned2 | Ned2
| /root/.mythtv/channels/Ned2.gif | 0 | NULL |
Ned2 | 32768 | 32768 | 32768 |
| 49 | 49 | 0 | Ned3 | Ned3
| /root/.mythtv/channels/Ned3.gif | 0 | NULL |
Ned3 | 32768 | 3

I have filled in E9 which is VT4 for the default startup channel when
running the setup script.
But when i try to switch channels i receive the following error from the
backend :

root@desk:/tmp/mythtv-0.8/setup# mythbackend
Starting up as the master server.
Probed: /dev/video0 - Television
Probed: /dev/video0 - Composite1
Probed: /dev/video0 - S-Video
Probed: /dev/video0 - Composite3
adding: desk as a player 1
adding: desk as a player 0
adding: desk as a player 0
adding: desk as a remote ringbuffer
Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
opened vbi device
Channel: '' was not found in the database.
Most likely, the default channel set for this input
(/dev/video0 Television )
in setup is wrong
Couldn't find any channels in the database, please make sure
your inputs are associated properly with your cards.
Channel: '' was not found in the database.
Most likely, the default channel set for this input
(/dev/video0 Television )
in setup is wrong
Couldn't find any channels in the database, please make sure
your inputs are associated properly with your cards.
Channel: '' was not found in the database.
Most likely, the default channel set for this input
(/dev/video0 Television )
in setup is wrong
Couldn't find any channels in the database, please make sure
your inputs are associated properly with your cards.
Segmentatie fout
root@desk:/tmp/mythtv-0.8/setup#

Doe anybody has experienced this problem too or know how to fix it.
I have red the previous threads about this issue and tried everything
out but with no success.

Thanx in advance for the help.

Nico
Re: channel changing problems [ In reply to ]
At 04:04 PM 5/22/2003 +0200, you wrote:
>All,
>
>I think i have successfully installed mythtv but i still can't switch
>channels. The TV window always shows the latest tuned channel

Try hitting "C" on the live TV display and the OSD should come up and
display "Tuner 0" or something similar and then your channel changing
should work. I have expereinced a similar problem. Haven't gotten around
to asking about it yet.

-Jeff
Re: channel changing problems [ In reply to ]
On Thursday 22 May 2003 10:34 am, Jeff C wrote:
> At 04:04 PM 5/22/2003 +0200, you wrote:
> >All,
> >
> >I think i have successfully installed mythtv but i still can't switch
> >channels. The TV window always shows the latest tuned channel
>
> Try hitting "C" on the live TV display and the OSD should come up and
> display "Tuner 0" or something similar and then your channel changing
> should work. I have expereinced a similar problem. Haven't gotten around
> to asking about it yet.

Run setup, go into the 2nd section, select your tuner card, and set the
default input to Tuner 0.

Isaac
Re: channel changing problems [ In reply to ]
On Thursday 22 May 2003 10:04 am, Nico wrote:
> Doe anybody has experienced this problem too or know how to fix it.
> I have red the previous threads about this issue and tried everything
> out but with no success.

Update to current CVS, run setup, go to the 4th section, and put a valid
channel in the Starting channel field.

Isaac