Have I set something up incorrectly ?

--
Durwood
Re: mythfilldatabase only collects the next days sched. ? [ In reply to ]
On Friday 16 May 2003 05:41 pm, Darrell wrote:
> I've been running mythtv for a few weeks now. When I first installed
> and set up the database, mythfilldatabase grabbed 7 days, I believe.
> Since then, (I run it daily via cron) it only pulls the next days
> schedual. But tv_grab_na is set to grab 7 days, by default and if I run
> tv_grab_na --config ~/.mythtv/ATI.xmltv, it pulls 7 days data.
> So if I want to pre-sched 2 or more days in advance, no tv listing is
> available.
>
> I run mythfilldatabase manually and it only (repeatedly) pulls the next
> days guide.
>
> Have I set something up incorrectly ?

Whenever you run mythfilldatabase, it'll regrab tomorrow, and then whatever
dates are missing in in the database for the next 9 days. It's extremely
wasteful to download an entire weeks worth of data every single day.

Isaac
Re: mythfilldatabase only collects the next days sched. ? [ In reply to ]
Ok, I see 8 days of future data. MythWeb lists 15 days, half are blank.

The mythtv install docs mention running mythfilldatabase daily, so that
is what I have been doing ;-(

Durwwod

Darrell <darrell.fleming@shaw.ca>
Re: mythfilldatabase only collects the next days sched. ? [ In reply to ]
On Friday 16 May 2003 06:18 pm, Darrell wrote:
> Ok, I see 8 days of future data. MythWeb lists 15 days, half are blank.
>
> The mythtv install docs mention running mythfilldatabase daily, so that
> is what I have been doing ;-(

You're supposed to run it daily. Generally, when you do so, it grabs two days
at at time (tomorrow, then the 8th day from now). This is so that it will
get any last minute scheduling changes for tomorrow, and ensure that you've
still got a week's worth of data in the database.

Isaac
Re: mythfilldatabase only collects the next days sched. ? [ In reply to ]
you aren't doing anything wrong :-) . What Isaac is saying is that he
has made mythfilldatabase smart enough to only download the days that
are both a) available and b) necessary. You probably only have 8 days of
data because that is all that is available online right now. AFAIK
nobody is getting more than 7-8 days in the future, at least not in
north america. It only downloads one day of data because you have
already downloaded the other days. If you run it once a day, you should
be fine and keep a constant 8-9 days of future programming available.

best,
Cedar

re: mythfilldatabase only collects the next days sched. ? [ In reply to ]
You're not getting ppv information or something are you? I had the same
problem. Turned out that I was separately fetching PPV information which
was going out 10 days. mythfilldatabase does a check to see if it needs
to get future data, so if it sees something in the program guide that is
further than 7 days in the future, it only bothers to get tomorrow's
data (to make sure it's up to date?). It could be something different,
but that's what I found after much head scratching (and a few questions
to the list)..

...Kevin