graphic card driver 1.0-4363 for IA32, and nForce Drivers 1.0-0248. I
think AGPGART is compiled into the kernel, not a module. Can't check
right now, its at home.

I think I'm having issues with the built-in audio. It claims to only
be enable for 2 channels. I have the nvidia/intel i810 module in the
kernel and the nvidia driver install. I plan to use the alsa driver so
I haven't really looked at this issue yet.

TIA
RE: Is agp support necessary [ In reply to ]
If you're using Nvidia binary drivers, I believe you have the option of
using the Nvidia AGP support, or the kernel agpart support, but not both.
It's an option in XF86Config. Additionally, certain ALI chipsets cause
*all* AGP support to be disabled on certain Nvidia graphics cards.

I am unfortunate enough to have a GeForce4 MX in a machine with one of the
aforementioned ALI chipsets; hence I have no AGP support for my card. But,
it doesn't really bother me. It might if I did heavy-duty 3D gaming, etc,
but since I only use 2D XV video, it really doesn't make a difference.

Bottom line: you don't need AGP for MythTV (MythGame, well, that's another
story...)

-JAC

RE: Is agp support necessary [ In reply to ]
My current understanding is that kernel agpgart does not support nForce.
So... if you want to use a nVidia-based mainboard + AGP, then you must
use a nVidia video card and the nVidia AGP module.

Joe

Re: Is agp support necessary [ In reply to ]
The deal is that technically you should have no problem getting AGP to
work with the Nvidia provided linux drivers.... that is if they don't
lock your machine solid. I have an EP-8RDA+ I bought for running mythtv
on and whenever X starts to load, the system locks solid. It's been
widely reported on nvnews.net but nvidia doesn't seem to care much.

The other answer is that there is a patch for AGPGART (native Linux AGP
support) for nForce and nForce2 support.

http://etudiant.epita.fr:8000/~nonolk/

The question I would ask you is, if you aren't using Nvidia's driver,
how can you have Xvideo support in the first place? I can't use
nvidia's drivers with my system because they lock it up, and when I run
using the XFree86 nv driver, xvinfo reports my card as having no xvideo
support. I would have thought you would be in the same boat when using
the provided XFree86 driver.

Regards,
Aran