meanwhile I'd like to see if I can use other drivers. I've tested the
output from /dev/video using mplayer and those drivers and it looks
better, so if there was a way to change it in MythTV that would be great.
RE: Selecting a Video Output Driver [ In reply to ]
You could run mythfrontend with the environment variable "NO_XV" set. This
will cause it to fall back to using MIT-Shm, which is slower. There is
currently no support (AFAIK) for direct framebuffer, SDL, OpenGL or any
other output.

-JAC

Re: Selecting a Video Output Driver [ In reply to ]
On Thursday 15 May 2003 12:28 pm, Ben Davis wrote:
> I posted a message about this awhile back but haven't gotten a response,
> so I'll try one more time just in case anyone missed it.
>
> Is there a way to select a video output driver (like in mplayer) such as
> "directfb" or "gl" or "gl32" ?? The reason I'm wanting to do this is
> because for some strange reason, anything that uses XV while in
> fullscreen mode looks like crap. I have yet to figure this out, but
> meanwhile I'd like to see if I can use other drivers. I've tested the
> output from /dev/video using mplayer and those drivers and it looks
> better, so if there was a way to change it in MythTV that would be great.

You'd have to write another video output driver for that to happen.

Isaac
Re: Selecting a Video Output Driver [ In reply to ]
Joseph A. Caputo wrote:

>You could run mythfrontend with the environment variable "NO_XV" set. This
>will cause it to fall back to using MIT-Shm, which is slower. There is
>currently no support (AFAIK) for direct framebuffer, SDL, OpenGL or any
>other output.
>
>-JAC

yeah, unfortunately, the NO_XV option is pretty slow and unusable... I
guess I'll just have to try and figure out my XV problem, although I
wonder if I'll ever figure it out -- I have no clue what is even causing
the problem. As soon as I get a digital camera I'll take a picture of
my monitor (an old-fashioned "screen-shot") so I can show everyone
exactly what I'm talking about.