Can anyone shed some light on what my issue is? Thanks.

-Jeff

http://mail2web.com/ .
Re: RH9, Myth .8 compile issues [ In reply to ]
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lqt-mt

looks like you're missing some QT libraries... or (as I did) don't
have the QTDIR environment variable set properly:

export QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt-3.1

(I think that's what it is - you should double-check that path)

but since you're running redhat 9, why not just download the rpm's?

http://atrpms.physik.fu-berlin.de/dist/rh9/

Axel has done a great job with things, and he and I will be finishing up
rpms for the other modules soon (though once you get mythtv and its deps
in, the other stuff compiles pretty easily).

-Chris
Re: RH9, Myth .8 compile issues [ In reply to ]
At 03:56 PM 5/14/2003 -0700, Chris Petersen wrote:
> > /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lqt-mt
>
>looks like you're missing some QT libraries... or (as I did) don't
>have the QTDIR environment variable set properly:
>
>export QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt-3.1
>
>(I think that's what it is - you should double-check that path)

Hi Chris... This shouldn't be it but let me double check. I downloaded and
compiled QT-3.1.2...

my QTDIR is defined as "QTDIR=/usr/local/qt" which is where the latest rev
lives

Weird...

>but since you're running redhat 9, why not just download the rpm's?
>
>http://atrpms.physik.fu-berlin.de/dist/rh9/
>
>Axel has done a great job with things, and he and I will be finishing up
>rpms for the other modules soon (though once you get mythtv and its deps
>in, the other stuff compiles pretty easily).

I would, but to be honest I have a PVR 250 card and it isn't supported
until the .9 release. I was having build issues with the CVS of .9 so I
thought I'd back up and try and get .8 working to get the evironment
roughly "right" and then try .9 again.

So it looks like it is a QT related issue? is there something I can run
locate against to try and find the file that is "missing"?

Thanks!/

-Jeff
Re: RH9, Myth .8 compile issues [ In reply to ]
This is a wild guess, but Try this..

Insert this line into your /etc/ld.so.conf

/usr/local/qt/lib

then do a ldconfig then try to compile it again..

BTW: I was able to compile the CVS version on a fresh RH9 install with no
problems, but I like to choose a "Full Install" when going through the
package choosing process.

-Robert Stellhorn
creator@irneach.com

Re: RH9, Myth .8 compile issues [ In reply to ]

[...]

j> Hi Chris... This shouldn't be it but let me double check. I
j> downloaded and compiled QT-3.1.2...

j> my QTDIR is defined as "QTDIR=/usr/local/qt" which is where the latest
j> rev lives

Doesn't RedHat 9 come with Qt 3.1? Anyway, did you build Qt
with threads? Don't forget to build it with mysql support, too:

configure -thread -plugin-sql-mysql -qt-sql-mysql [...]

Also, make sure you add /usr/local/qt/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf and run
"ldconfig" after installing Qt.

--
Gregorio Gervasio, Jr.
gtgj@pacbell.net
Re: RH9, Myth .8 compile issues [ In reply to ]
> Doesn't RedHat 9 come with Qt 3.1? Anyway, did you build Qt
> with threads? Don't forget to build it with mysql support, too:

qt-3.1.1-6

so I guess there's nothing wrong with compiling a new version.

-Chris
Re: RH9, Myth .8 compile issues [ In reply to ]
At 05:26 PM 5/14/2003 -0700, you wrote:
> > Doesn't RedHat 9 come with Qt 3.1? Anyway, did you build Qt
> > with threads? Don't forget to build it with mysql support, too:
>
>qt-3.1.1-6
>
>so I guess there's nothing wrong with compiling a new version.

Well it looks like I've made a bit of a mess. I think I'd rather just
reinstall and install ALL the components of RH9 - bring it totally up to
date, and try the CVS release again. If I do this, are there other third
party packages I need, other than LAME and XMLTV, to get it going?

-Jeff
Re: RH9, Myth .8 compile issues [ In reply to ]
On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 09:31:02PM -0300, Jeff C wrote:
> At 05:26 PM 5/14/2003 -0700, you wrote:
> >> Doesn't RedHat 9 come with Qt 3.1? Anyway, did you build Qt
> >> with threads? Don't forget to build it with mysql support, too:
> >
> >qt-3.1.1-6
> >
> >so I guess there's nothing wrong with compiling a new version.
>
> Well it looks like I've made a bit of a mess. I think I'd rather just
> reinstall and install ALL the components of RH9 - bring it totally up to
> date, and try the CVS release again. If I do this, are there other third
> party packages I need, other than LAME and XMLTV, to get it going?

The direct requirements are
# rpm -qR mythtv-frontend mythtv-backend|sort -u|xargs rpm -q --whatprovides|sort -u|grep -v 'no package provides'
bash-2.05b-23
freetype-2.1.2-7
glibc-2.3.2-4.80.6
lame-3.93.1-fr1
libgcc-3.2-7
libmyth-0.8-0_12at
libmyth-devel-0.8-0_12at
libstdc++-3.2-7
mythtv-0.8-0_12at
mythtv-backend-0.8-0_12at
mythtv-frontend-0.8-0_12at
qt-3.0.5-17
XFree86-libs-4.2.0-72
xmltv-0.5.10-0_19at

But xmltv has tons of perl requirements. Therefore:

<advertising>
o Get lame from freshrpm.net and mythtv/xmltv+dependecies from
atrpms.physik.fu-berlin.de, or much better:
o Get all dependencies in one sweep by installing atrpms-kickstart and run
apt-get update
apt-get dist-upgrade # You want your system uptodate.
apt-get install mythtv-frontend mythtv-backend # no need to specify dependecies.
apt-get install synaptic; synaptic # optional, but nice ;)
</advertizing>
--
Axel.Thimm@physik.fu-berlin.de