following error:

MainServer: HandleRemoteEncoder(cmd GET_MAX_BITRATE) Unknown encoder: 7, exiting

What does this mean?
Re: Slave Backend [ In reply to ]
On 03/28/2007 08:05 PM, Tony Baca wrote:
> Trying to setup a slave backend. One of the tasks is to use it for
> transcoding and commercial detection. I set it up and mapped the
> master backend recording directory to the slave via NFS. The slave
> started a commercial detection and hung at 100%. I finally restarted
> the slave but now when I start the slave backend it quits with the
> following error:
>
> MainServer: HandleRemoteEncoder(cmd GET_MAX_BITRATE) Unknown encoder: 7, exiting

Deja vu...

A fish:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/260311#260311

How to fish:

And the post I gave you is from the most-recent (Sort by post date)
thread containing the words "unknown encoder".

Mike
Re: Slave Backend [ In reply to ]
> How to fish:
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/

Shouldn't that be :

The pond:

LOL
Re: Slave Backend [ In reply to ]
On 3/28/07, Michael T. Dean <mtdean@thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 03/28/2007 08:05 PM, Tony Baca wrote:
> > Trying to setup a slave backend. One of the tasks is to use it for
> > transcoding and commercial detection. I set it up and mapped the
> > master backend recording directory to the slave via NFS. The slave
> > started a commercial detection and hung at 100%. I finally restarted
> > the slave but now when I start the slave backend it quits with the
> > following error:
> >
> > MainServer: HandleRemoteEncoder(cmd GET_MAX_BITRATE) Unknown encoder: 7, exiting
>
> Deja vu...
>
> A fish:
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/260311#260311
>
> How to fish:
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/
>
> And the post I gave you is from the most-recent (Sort by post date)
> thread containing the words "unknown encoder".
>
> Mike

Mike,

I did search, but I included the "GET_MAX_BITRATE" and it turned up
nothing. I should have thought to open my search more and look for
the more generic error.

Thanks for the pointer and lesson in searching.

Still learning,

Tony
Re: Slave Backend [ In reply to ]
Hoi Daryl,

Friday, July 28, 2023, 4:12:10 PM, you wrote:

> Thanks to James A. (eh), I now have a functional backend on a RPi 4
> with two HDHR dual tuners, on 24/7. Is it possible to make my Lenovo
> with two PCIe tuner cards a slave backend that the Pi can wake as required?
> I did "remove --purge mythtv-backend" from the Lenovo and
> re-configured the frontend to access the Pi (more pleasing graphic
> results), but I haven't found specific documentation for configuring
> the slave. There seems to be some residual files because installing
> the backend without database, still finds the old configuration and
> really mucks things up. Ideas, documentation or direction greatly appreciated.   Daryl

That configuration it finds is config.xml in the .mythtv directory in
the home directory of the user running the (slave)backend.
In it are the connection details for finding and connecting to the
database. So edit this file and replace the old database
hostname/ip-address with the new location. Or simply delete it.
Next run mythtv-setup

Tot mails,
Hika mailto:hikavdh@gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop
Het eeuwige dilemma

De lerende Mens

Re: Slave Backend [ In reply to ]
> On 28 Jul 2023, at 10:24 pm, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hoi Daryl,
>
> Friday, July 28, 2023, 4:12:10 PM, you wrote:
>
>> Thanks to James A. (eh), I now have a functional backend on a RPi 4
>> with two HDHR dual tuners, on 24/7. Is it possible to make my Lenovo
>> with two PCIe tuner cards a slave backend that the Pi can wake as required?
>> I did "remove --purge mythtv-backend" from the Lenovo and
>> re-configured the frontend to access the Pi (more pleasing graphic
>> results), but I haven't found specific documentation for configuring
>> the slave. There seems to be some residual files because installing
>> the backend without database, still finds the old configuration and
>> really mucks things up. Ideas, documentation or direction greatly appreciated. Daryl
>

> That configuration it finds is config.xml in the .mythtv directory in
> the home directory of the user running the (slave)backend.
> In it are the connection details for finding and connecting to the
> database. So edit this file and replace the old database
> hostname/ip-address with the new location. Or simply delete it.
> Next run mythtv-setup
>
> Tot mails,

Hika

What storage are you using on thr RaPi

James

Re: Slave Backend [ In reply to ]
A couple of failing ideas. a 16Gb flash drive and a 320GB spinning rust in
an external box, but they keep going off line. I just ordered a 128GB micro
SD, that I hope to partition after I flash it. What do you use?

Re: Slave Backend [ In reply to ]
Hoi Daryl,

Saturday, July 29, 2023, 4:22:43 AM, you wrote:

> A couple of failing ideas. a 16Gb flash drive and a 320GB spinning
> rust in an external box, but they keep going off line. I just
> ordered a 128GB micro SD, that I hope to partition after I flash it. What do you use?

> On Fri, Jul 28, 2023 at 5:48?PM James <jam@tigger.ws> wrote:

>> On 28 Jul 2023, at 10:24 pm, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hoi Daryl,
>>
>> Friday, July 28, 2023, 4:12:10 PM, you wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks to James A. (eh), I now have a functional backend on a RPi 4
>>> with two HDHR dual tuners, on 24/7. Is it possible to make my Lenovo
>>> with two PCIe tuner cards a slave backend that the Pi can wake as required?
>>> I did "remove --purge mythtv-backend" from the Lenovo and
>>> re-configured the frontend to access the Pi (more pleasing graphic
>>> results), but I haven't found specific documentation for configuring
>>> the slave. There seems to be some residual files because installing
>>> the backend without database, still finds the old configuration and
>>> really mucks things up. Ideas, documentation or direction greatly appreciated.  Daryl
>>

>> That configuration it finds is config.xml in the .mythtv directory in
>> the home directory of the user running the (slave)backend.
>> In it are the connection details for finding and connecting to the
>> database. So edit this file and replace the old database
>> hostname/ip-address with the new location. Or simply delete it.
>> Next run mythtv-setup
>>
>> Tot mails,
>
> Hika
>
> What storage are you using on thr RaPi
>
> James

I would suggest moving to ODROID - C4. Yhey are mostly compatible to
rPi, slightly faster, but more important they have an eMCC socket.
There are also Odroids with more extensive disk capabilities
https://wiki.odroid.com