--
------------------- Linuxez-vous les uns les autres --------------------
Wayne Veilleux ing. wayne.veilleux@sympatico.ca
RE: MythMusic and FreeDB [ In reply to ]
Mythmusic will use any server you specify in ${HOME}/.cdserverrc. It
defaults to freedb.org.

Re: MythMusic and FreeDB [ In reply to ]
OK, thanks Joseph. I was asking that because when I try to rip
a CD with MythMusic it recongnize the CD Artiste and Name
of the CD but not the songs. So, when it rip, it seems to overlap
all the songs in the same file name ".ogg" (strange, only the ogg
extension without filename). Do you have any clue to make
MythMusic sync the song name with FreeDB ? (BTW, when I
write the name of each song myself, MythMusic riped the CD
perfectly).

Wayne

RE: MythMusic and FreeDB [ In reply to ]
Last time I ripped a CD, it grabbed all the information (including track
titles) perfectly.
I can think of several possibilities:

- freedb.org doesn't have the track data for that disc (unlikely, if you're
getting the artist & title)
- There's a problem in the cddb library (I don't think that's Myth code)
- There's a bug in the MythMusic code that interfaces to the cddb library

I haven't ripped a CD in a while; I'll have to give it a try and see if I
have any problems with the latest CVS.

-Joe C.

Re: MythMusic and FreeDB [ In reply to ]
I'm really sorry Joseph. The error was on my side :( I had the
wrong FreeDB serv in my .cdserverrc file. Everything is working
perfectly now.

Thanks you for your time and thanks to all the developpers for that
wonderful application ! ;-)

Wayne