Mailing List Archive

Red Hat 9' qt ... (was: RedHat 9 question)
On Mon, May 05, 2003 at 09:26:27PM -0400, Jim Harry wrote:
> I have what I hope is an easily answered question.. I have a 1.2GHz
> Duron that I used to have WinXP and a ATI AIW 7500 running the ATI
> software. I've swapped it with a GeForce 2 and a WinTV PCI card so that
> I could run MythTV on it. (After many vain attempts to get it running
> with the AIW)
>
> I've gotten everything installed, xmltv and mythbackend work fine, but
> when I run mythtv from a terminal window, i get this in that window
> while MythTV comes up:
>
> Couldn't load osdtheme: at /usr/local/share/mythtv/themes//
> Unable to find font:
> No OSD will be displayed.
>
> I don't know enough to know where to look. Can anyone point me in a
> direction?

This seems to be due to the qt (or qmake) version Red Hat 9 ships. If some
directory does not exist, it is not created, and the bits land some
hierarchies higher. Debian seem to have patched these bugs in qt.

So create the needed directories first. It's quite ugly, because in order to
find out which directories are needed you need to rerun the installation steps
and recheck the output. :(

I am providing Red Hat 9 (and 8.0) rpms at

http://atrpms.physik.uf-berlin.de/name/mythtv/

Even if you still want to build on your own, you can check the "%build" part
of the specfile and apply parts of it.
--
Axel.Thimm@physik.fu-berlin.de